More on insurance

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

More on insurance

Postby Gizzit » Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:51 pm

Just thought I would share my insurance experiences with you guys. My renewal docs came through yesterday so I spent about an hour or so on the phone using LadyBird's list of numbers in the 'useful information' section (cheers LadyBird, very useful).

Now, this'll make some eyes water ........ I was quoted £875.00 by my current insurer :bigshock) fully comp with 12 months ncb. Not happy with that (clearly) I started at the top of the list and was quoted prices ranging up to £1285.00 :bigshock) :bigshock) !!! The big boys (Carole Nash, Bennets, Devitt) were all over the grand mark.

However, after speaking to the underwriters, Rider Select (0800 - 781 - 0542) got the quote down to £620.00. It took some work on their behalf but the effort paid off.

Just goes to show, it is well worth the ringing around business. The policy stipulates that the bike must be kept in a locked garage when at home, alarmed, immobilised, ground anchor and chain used etc, which it is, but offers a good level of cover and benefits.

Bloody expensive this biking milarky aint it :bigcry:
Can't catch me ................... Image
Gizzit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to The Whippit Inn