Let's go over this again...

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Let's go over this again...

Postby Demontat » Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:48 am

Approaching a red light I down shift and brake and at the last sec I ease it into first gear. I drop the left foot and the right remains on the brake while I give my right hand a brief rest to allow the blood to flow again.

Keeping the right foot on the brake is a new technique for me since I see the logic in having the brakes on for when the blonde on the cell phone, doing her make-up and eating a Big-Mac ( with the DIET Coke) tries to insert a Ford Exploder up my ass! :bigcry:

However, I read an article recently that suggested that one should get into the habit of slipping the tranny into neutral at the lights since it is easier on the bike and removes the chance of you starting off in the wrong gear (theres sumpin I have NEVER done).

So whats the answer?? :?
Trespass sweet the urge, give me my sin again.

Demontat
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby swamp donkey » Fri Sep 19, 2003 5:54 am

im with you on this one Demon, its a habit i got into years ago but i always put the bike in first before putting left foot down.
we up we down we gone !!!
swamp donkey
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby BirdAddict » Fri Sep 19, 2003 8:43 am

I keep it in neutral unless I know the lights will be changing soon. Although I don't tend to cover the rear break as I prefer to keep my right foot down leaving the left free to pop it into gear just before it's needed
Image …Ride carefully. It's not only bikes that can be recalled by their maker.
BirdAddict
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby jonah » Fri Sep 19, 2003 9:02 am

i keep it in first with my foot on the brake
jonah
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby XXAndy » Fri Sep 19, 2003 9:28 am

Yep, 1st at the last minute, left foot down, right one one the brake, unless it looks like I am going to be sat there for a while and then drop into neutral. :P
XXAndy

Postby bezzer » Fri Sep 19, 2003 10:53 am

Neutral and right foot down. If I need a brake to stop rolling its the front.
You been reading RIDE that BA sent you then DT :roll) wait until someone sends you FAST BIKE or PERFORMANCE BIKE :P
95% of all Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... the other 5% made it home.
bezzer
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Demontat » Fri Sep 19, 2003 4:05 pm

bezzer wrote:You been reading RIDE that BA sent you then DT :roll) wait until someone sends you FAST BIKE or PERFORMANCE BIKE :P

I am impressed Obi-Wan... nothing gets bye the master, eh? :D

Anyone can feel free to send me "HOT NAKED SLUTTY BIKER BABES" :wink)

Demontat
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby XXAndy » Fri Sep 19, 2003 8:09 pm

Demontat wrote:Anyone can feel free to send me "HOT NAKED SLUTTY BIKER BABES" :wink)

Sorry mate, but if I find any HOT NAKED SLUTTY BIKER BABES I'm keeping em for myself :D :D :D :D :D
XXAndy

Postby bezzer » Fri Sep 19, 2003 9:29 pm

Demontat wrote:Anyone can feel free to send me "HOT NAKED SLUTTY BIKER BABES" :wink)

Thats what I said - Fast Bikes and Performance Bikes, just finishing them off and then I'll send them after I've given them a wipe over :oops)
95% of all Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... the other 5% made it home.
bezzer
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:56 pm

We've been here before I think :? Here's the pint sized version:

Slow down for red traffic lights and try to get timing absolutely spot on so I don't actually have to stop :oops) Put bike into 1st gear just in case I do have to stop :roll) Roll forward very very slowly approaching red traffic lights holding bike steady (ish) by holding on front brake :P OK, so let's say I have to stop - BOTH big toes down, and if it's on an incline, front brake on - but still in first gear :) I only ever put it into neutral if I can get the bike into the right position to put only one foot down (i.e. next to a fookin kerb :D )

For those of you who have been behind me at traffic lights, you'll notice how much I wobble when trying to put it into gear from a standstill cuz my other fookin foot don't hit the ground till I'm almost knee down :oops) So I try to keep it in gear.

Now then, about these fookin fook mags folks :hump) :blowme) - got any spares :D
TazCBR1100XX

Postby Demontat » Sat Sep 20, 2003 12:58 am

TazCBR1100XX wrote:We've been here before I think :?

Hence the chosen title for this thread ya fookin Einstein!!! :D :D

As for the whack-mags, I have a few that no longer work for me.... pages 2-114 are all stuck together. :oops) But you can stand-em upright on the table and use em like building blocks! :D

Demontat
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby Bristle Hound » Sat Sep 20, 2003 7:06 pm

Gotta agree with the majority here ! :wink)
I always slip it into neutral at junctions i've got any length of a wait at ( 15 secs +) & then snick the xx into 1st for a fookin' racing start - Wahay ! lol
Bristle Hound
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby numb bits » Sun Sep 21, 2003 1:39 pm

I just don't fooking brake, fook the red lights :roll) those are for old women, and divi riders :D lol
numb bits

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Sun Sep 21, 2003 5:11 pm

Demontat wrote:Hence the chosen title for this thread ya fookin Einstein!!!

Who the fook has got time to read fookin titles :? :banghead) It's a bit like fookin foreplay - why fook around when all ya really need to do is get stuck in there, dump yer load and move on to the next one :mrgreen: So consider my load dumped - I'm moving on to the next one, and I don't give a toss what the fookin title is either :D
TazCBR1100XX

Postby Demontat » Sun Sep 21, 2003 6:54 pm

TazCBR1100XX wrote:So consider my load dumped - I'm moving on to the next one

Watch out boys!!!! Taz is on the prowl and only needs two legs, a warm hole and a heartbeat to get excited. :P

Demontat
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Return to The Whippit Inn