hello from newest member

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

hello from newest member

Postby jez » Sun Sep 28, 2003 8:29 pm

Hi all,just bought a '02 Bird yesterday after impressive 40 mile test ride :D ,got 5 miles after parting with much cash to dealer (white brothers,darlington) when joy was diminished by 4 inch screw in rear tyre! :bigcry: ,lifes a bitch etc.All credit to the shop however as they sent someone to the rescue straight away and have lent me a new cbr600 untill they fit a new tyre to my 1100xx(even the 600 is WELL impressive after my 17 year old cbr1000,which i've kept as i cant' bear to part with it!).Are'nt insurance companies complete twats(I know i'm stating the obvious!)?,£750 was the best quote I could get for comprehensive on the'Bird with my other 2 bikes added on :banghead) .Anyhow,should have the xx back on the road in the next few days :-) .
Hope to meet some of you nutters(I have been watching...)in the future on ride outs etc.
jez
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby swamp donkey » Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:17 pm

Hi jez and welcome to the funny farm :thumbsup)
we up we down we gone !!!
swamp donkey
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Re: hello from newest member

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:45 pm

Yo Jez dude and welcome :D Bit of a bummer with the screw eh - personally, I prefer my screw in the bedroom :D I tried it on the tyre once and fell off :mrgreen:

jez wrote:Hope to meet some of you nutters(I have been watching...)in the future on ride outs etc.
Bristle - looks like he's keen to meet you :P
TazCBR1100XX

Re: hello from newest member

Postby Demontat » Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:11 am

TazCBR1100XX wrote: I tried it on the tyre once and fell off

You're doing it wrong dude, I rest my nuts on the tire while I poke the pipes ! :wink) Alternating side- to - side is like switching between two twin sisters. 8)

Fook me!! :banghead) Had to go back and edit this post as I was so involved with thinking about pokin' my Bird's pipes that I forgot to welcome our newest sucka.... oops, erm,uh... I mean "member". :oops)

Welcome Jez 8) I hope you find this a nice place to hang out... just dont stand downwind from our older members as they smell like an old folks home! :P
Trespass sweet the urge, give me my sin again.

Demontat
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby jonah » Mon Sep 29, 2003 10:31 am

Welcome matey, the ones i have met so far are a great bunch of lads so you have joined a great club and got a great bike.
jonah
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Hi Jez

Postby Deano » Mon Sep 29, 2003 4:18 pm

A big welcome from me and the crew mate. Wait till ya get ya baby back and go through the renouned 7000 rpm - Kinell - hang on tight matey.

Just got back off me hols, and have to say after 2200 miles around 5 european countries I just can't wait to get back on and ride some more.

I live near Stockton as do a few of us so YES we will meet for a few larfs.
On the path to "Old and Wise" you must first be "Young and Foolish"
Deano
IXXRA Founder

Postby Ladybird » Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:23 pm

Hi Jez - welcome aboard - enjoy - sorry to hear about the tyre, happened to me 3 weeks ago also...3 inch rivet straight through the rear. Total bummer - anyway you'll be back aboard your new purchase soon enough :-)
Ladybird
IXXRA Founder

Return to The Whippit Inn