Titanium...or gold plated!!!

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Titanium...or gold plated!!!

Postby bezzer » Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:13 pm

Had a ride round yesterday and called into a couple of bike places. D&K for a brew, packed out and loads buying bikes then onto a smaller place, tucked in the corner was a Titanium S reg bird, looked nice, no marks, well polished and had 11,000 miles on it. Walked round to the front of it to look at the price .....£4,999 :D FFS I almost fookin died. This is a place that never wants to deal and always tries to hold out for the sticker price, speaking to one of the lads there and he said there are already 2 or 3 interested and one will be buying it at that price thats why it was tucked to one side. Dont people shop around nowadays or at least look in MCN or whatever to get a realistic price range or is there too much money about.
95% of all Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... the other 5% made it home.
bezzer
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby jez » Sun Sep 28, 2003 11:28 pm

yeh that seems a bit steep for an s reg,they seem to hold their value well though,I just paid £6295 at a dealer near me for an '02 model with 5600 on the clock I tried everthing to get the price down but they were prepared to lose the sale rather than go any lower,at least I got some new waterproofs thrown in !....thats life.
jez
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby Demontat » Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:18 am

There is logic in the saying... "You get what you pay for". :mrgreen:

As long as the price is within a reasonable expense for an amazing bike! 8)
Trespass sweet the urge, give me my sin again.

Demontat
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby Ladybird » Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:19 pm

Very interesting post....yep there's no doubt that Birds are in short supply with the main dealers. Catching up with MCN Bikemart it appears some dealers may have 1 used Bird, and definately no brand spankers. Yet in the main Honda section there's usually at least 12-15 private sellers. I have noticed however that the private sales are in the majority carbed versions.

As our local dealer told me some time ago, stick a ridiculous price on my Bird, someone will buy it - I ain't even thinking about selling it can I stress - for sure Bezzer I think it was the latter you were looking at....Gold Plated :P
Ladybird
IXXRA Founder

Return to The Whippit Inn