Flip screen?

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Flip screen?

Postby bov » Sun Oct 05, 2003 5:48 pm

Got an MRA DB screen on my xx but the motorway journey in this cold weather is producing a crash-inducing, left eye watering, turbulence :bigcry: So...to hell with the looks. I need a flip screen. The higher the better. MRA don't make one so can anyone recommend??
You have offended my family..........and you have offended the Shaolin Temple.
bov
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby Gizzit » Sun Oct 05, 2003 6:20 pm

Bov me old mucker, MRA do make a flip screen, Ive got one on my bike. Take a look at the Album link (top of page) and check out Gizzit's Blackbird piccy. Also, take a look at the following link http://www.mra.de/Marken/HONDA/CBR1100.HTM

I got mine from HPS ( http://www.bikehps.com/ ), excellent company, very friendly and helpful. The 'touring windshield' is not one they normally stock but they were able to get one in from Germany for me. It only took about a week. I have to say that it is fantastic. The fit and finish is superb and it provides very relaxing high speed comfort. Up to 120mph (on a track of course!) without having to duck down much. It cost about £65.00 if I remember correctly and I would definately recommend it, it is worth every penny.

Don't bother with MPS for ordering, I tried them first and couldnt get them to understand what I needed at all!

Cheers, Gizzit.
Can't catch me ................... Image
Gizzit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby bov » Sun Oct 05, 2003 7:38 pm

Thanx Giz. If I could find somewhere to gestate the foetus I'd have your kids mate 8)
You have offended my family..........and you have offended the Shaolin Temple.
bov
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby jonah » Mon Oct 06, 2003 9:52 am

I was having the same problem and i have just fitted a NOVA double bubble screen from super blackbird spares £30. including postage and it works a treat no more wind hitting helmet
jonah
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:53 pm

I can't understand all these wind problems you lot keep getting (too many beanz :? ) Therez nowt wrong with the standard screen - it does what it's suppozed to do - it collects flat flies, keeps the wind off ya, forces the rain either side of you and over the top of you, AND it says HONDA on it - what more do ya need from a screen :roll)
TazCBR1100XX

Postby BirdAddict » Mon Oct 06, 2003 1:08 pm

You're just lucky the origional screen isn't a dark tint or you wouldn't be able to see the road at all shortarse.
Image …Ride carefully. It's not only bikes that can be recalled by their maker.
BirdAddict
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:27 pm

But then again, I wouldn't have to buy 8) either :D
TazCBR1100XX

Return to The Whippit Inn