Anyone remember Clive

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Anyone remember Clive

Postby jon1100xx » Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:55 am

Clive and Kit from Manchester??, some of the older Ixxra members will know him. To cut a long storey short he has been involved in a Motorcycle accident while on his works bike.

Details and updates can be found on the BIRD coffee shop forum,

Re-Clive, its a sticky at the top of the page

[/url][/quote]
Jon & Anya

Home of the Midland Massif
jon1100xx
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:28 am

Bummer - please pass on my regards to Clive and I hope he recovers soon :(
TazCBR1100XX

Postby bezzer » Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:35 am

What a bastid of a bad year for bike accidents this is turning out to be and still got a couple of months left. Hopefully he should make a full recovery.
95% of all Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... the other 5% made it home.
bezzer
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby XXFirefighter » Thu Oct 09, 2003 11:48 pm

DAM !
send him my best from here in California !
WIsh him lots of luck to a speedy recovery !
XXFirefighter
Annodised Alloy Member
Annodised Alloy Member

Postby Ladybird » Fri Oct 10, 2003 5:37 pm

Thanks Jon for letting us know - Sad, sad news and just to echo what Bezzer has posted, it has just been one of those years :cry)

You ride safely all you out there - mother hen touch
Ladybird
IXXRA Founder

Latest news...

Postby Rolfy Dave » Fri Oct 10, 2003 6:16 pm

copied from the other side...Hope they dont mind

THURSDAY NIGHT
Well it's remarkably good news. After seven hours (!) in theatre today, Clive is conscious - if a bit high! - able to speak and sip water through a straw. He says he feels better in that his mouth and jaws are back where they should be. Lots of plates and wires in there. I can't believe how normal he looks, they haven't even shaved off much of the famous beard!

There's a skin graft on his thigh and they have had to repair the radial nerve to the upper arm, as well as the tissue. His wrist and lower arm are well plastered up too. But things are really looking good.

His - and my - heartfelt thanks and best wishes to you all.
Kit

Hope that OK for you... I know Clive & Kit have as many freinds on this site as on BIRD..

Keep ya posted,

Rolfy
Rolfy Dave
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby bezzer » Fri Oct 10, 2003 8:13 pm

Nice one Rolfy, that sounds good news, the only good thing about it is it wasn't his 'bird so he'll be able to polish it to death to stop the boredom of recovery, should put everyone elses to shame come spring. 8)
95% of all Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... the other 5% made it home.
bezzer
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:09 pm

Well last time I saw it, it was fookin spotless anyway - there's only one thing I can think of that's left to polish, and he'll probably get Kit to polish that for him :D
TazCBR1100XX

Latest update... Saturday night...

Postby Rolfy Dave » Sun Oct 12, 2003 1:49 pm

SATURDAY - UPDATE
spent most of yesterday with Clive at the hospital, he continues to improve - with some difficulty, we had to sneak him out the fire escape and downstairs for a crafty smoke,which made him feel much better....

He's lost weight and looks thinner (if that's humanly possible) they won't need to take him to xray, just remove his pyjama jacket!!

He sends his very best wishes and thanks to everyone,

Kit
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Words courtesy of the lovey Kit...

Things getting better.. :-)

Rolfy
Rolfy Dave
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Ladybird » Sun Oct 12, 2003 2:15 pm

Good news Rolfy - thanks matey....Like Kit says, didn't think it'd be possible he could lose any more weight
Ladybird
IXXRA Founder

Monday update.....

Postby Rolfy Dave » Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:06 am

MONDAY NIGHT
well everyone - time for me to dig out the nurse's uniform I guess, because...............they plan to let him come home tomorrow!!

I didn't think they would discharge him so quickly, but they are very pleased with his progress. They changed the plaster cast on his arm for a lighter one today, which he says is more comfortable. I'm sure he'll be happier back here, in fact I should think the next post on this thread will be from Clive himself.

A big personal thank-you and a hug from me for all your encouragement and support, it's really helped.

I know as Fodder said some of our Cloggers mates would like to see him soon, so we'll arrange that when he's settled. Look forward to it.....

Love
Kit
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As usual, words provided by the lovely Kit...

Great news eh ??

See ya soon,

Rolfy
Rolfy Dave
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Clive is home now, but havin another op today...

Postby Rolfy Dave » Wed Oct 22, 2003 11:20 pm

I will post you his words below...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Short but thankful reply .... 'til I'm fitter!
First off; thanks for all the good wishes from all over t'world. Doesn't Planet Earth seem small!?! I do intend to be as positive about this whole event as I can be, that's just me I suppose, but you guyes who've specifically mentioned it obviously know how important it is. Can't spend too long typing as I've already used-up today's energy allowance shuffling down to the local shop for some more cigs!!! One of the things that I intend to use as a method of driving me forward to full revovery is to make sure I get to thank all you guys in person - gulp! Now that seems to have thrown in a few thousand USA miles! I'm certainly still aiming to do the FPC event next July, and will be looking at what else, and sensibly when, I can fill out my time 'til then.

Currently I'm waiting for my upper & lower jaws to set enough to allow the next lot of Maxifacial surgery to be done. Seems like that may mean I'm talking like Daffy-Duck for the next few weeks at least. At least the pain's manageable through drugs and attitude.

Tomorrow I'm back for more Plastic Surgery work on the right arm & leg so maybe I can start planning to get back to 2-handed typing again - wheeeeeeeeeeew!

Well! That's me pooped again, so finally thanks to all for their best wishes (& in many cases knowlegdeable advice) & as soon as I'm fit enough for visiters I'll ask Kit to let you all know and handle the arrangements.

Heartfelt thanks, Clive (or "Crive" as I currently state my name!!!)

Just to keep you informed

Best wishes,

Rolfy
Rolfy Dave
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby bezzer » Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:25 am

Nice to know someones on the mend, one gets on the road to recovery and another goes down in his place, what a fookin year this has been, there but for the grace of god and all that. :banghead)
bezzer
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Return to The Whippit Inn