BLASTERWORM VIRUS!

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

BLASTERWORM VIRUS!

Postby darkangel » Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:14 pm

Well what can i say! im more upset about this than breaking up wiv er in doors! :bigcry: im not very computer literate but ive tried my hardest to learn more over the past few months(through her) cause she is Fookin great wiv puters! but im sad to say thet the "blasterworm " got through! eventhough ive got the usual firewall& norton antivirus stuff! it STILL got in! destroyed every godamn thing ive put on me puter for the past 8months! thousands of digital photo's! all of my teaching work! destroyed! yeah i know i should've made backup copies of everything BUT she was gonna do that a couple of weeks ago for me but then SHE FOOKED OFF! :bigcry: :banghead) :bigcry: :P just be very very carefull guys! any Emails yer recieve just make sure that if thier IS an attachment you are expecting it! if NOT contact the person who sent it just in case they didnt attach it ! FOOK FOOK FOOK!!!
Back in da SMOKE!!!! DOH!!!!
darkangel
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby bezzer » Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:32 pm

Oh dear :cry) at least it will cut your vodka bill down, you wont have time to drink any while you're trying to rebuild your data. Is it that bad that one of the data recovery experts can't get some of it back for you??
There but for the grace of god and all that.. :twisted)
95% of all Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... the other 5% made it home.
bezzer
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby darkangel » Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:44 pm

yeah! it is that bad bez! its destroyed everything! we tried yesterday to retrieve some of the info but alas its ALL gone! :( im GUTTED! but as you say it will stop me VODIE exploits for a short time! (very short believe me) in fact its made me wanna drink even MORE! ha ha ha ha ! :P just take heed everyone! just cause yer have the best equipment doesn mean it CANT happen to you! be on your guard guys! sniper anything in the slightest bit susspicious shoot the muther fooker!
darkangel
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby darkangel » Wed Oct 08, 2003 2:16 pm

MY GOD! can yer imagine it??? ive had to go "CAP IN HAND" to the EX :rolleyes: & ask her for the photo's that i took in the last 6months! i know she has em ALL on her puter! :banghead) :banghead) :banghead) HUMBLE PIE on the menu 2day! :P :banghead)
darkangel
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Sorry to hear of your plight Angel...

Postby Rolfy Dave » Wed Oct 08, 2003 2:56 pm

Just a quick question...

The blasterworm doesnt normally destroy anything... It just makes it harder to get to, due to it continually re booting th machine...

Have you made sure it was the blasterworm that was doing it, and not any other virus ???

If you need it, I have the blasterworm removal tool on my machine, complete with a couple of other removal tools which you may find useful...

Email me or PM me and I will send it through to you..

Best of luck mate.

Rolfy
Rolfy Dave
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby XXAndy » Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:19 pm

Spent a couple of hours tday eradicating te Losam virus (a blaster variant) from our intenet case at work :banghead) ,and as Rolfy says, the Blaster shouldnt destroy stuff it slows your machine down, reboots it an eventualy wont let you turn on. I would suggest that there was another 'nasty' in there as well.
Just incase you dont know, the best way to get rid of the blaster variants is to keep your windows up to date and use a specific virus checker/cleaner, (I use one from McAffee called 'Stinger' which is ace)
XXAndy

Postby darkangel » Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:33 pm

Thanks guy's! im not sure if it was the "blasterworm" that did all of the damage! i know my computer has been under constant attack for weeks now! (backdoor trojan horse& all that!) maybe somehow they got in after the blasterworm? im not sure realy! but all i know is i lost everything! evrything is up to date on my securtity! & i have the tools for removing most of the virus's that have been introduced in the last few months! im not sure if my EX or one of her friends had something to do with it all! i just know they are all very very good with puters& if they want to get into someones system they "can" & ive seen them do it! if i find out they had ANYTHING to do with this shit they will see just how ANGRY a geordie can get! 2guns sniper & i will turn their world to :toilet: shit!
darkangel
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Sorry mate, but another question ....

Postby Rolfy Dave » Wed Oct 08, 2003 6:57 pm

if your op system is not a pukka one, then you cannot properly upday you system... I know that the fix for the security threat from the blasterworm is available on service pack 2 on the XP update site, but if you put it on a hacked OS, it will notify Microsoft that you have a dodgy OS on your computer. I must be honest, and say that it sounds more like a trojan which has destroyed the windows registry files, and made the computer U/S...

Sorry to be so negative, but from what you have said, it sounds far more likely than just a worm...and if your antivirus was up to date, it would have lit up very screen on your 'puter, as the fix was available nearly before the worm had spread too far...

If you still have the latest Norton on your machine, there is a file recovery system on it... I havent used it, but give it a go, it cant make it any worse...lol (famous last words)

Best of luck with recovering your info, and if you need any help, please let me know.

Best of luck,

Rolfy

ps... If the virus is still on there, do a complete format of the hard drive in dos, then re install windows.(and update it with all the latest updates-if you can)

pps...LOL, god dont I go on ??? dont forget to save all your system drivers (sound/graphics/modem/network/etc/etc)
Rolfy Dave
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Blaster Virus

Postby Ulsterborn » Fri Oct 10, 2003 1:36 am

hi there
try visiting this site it will tell you a lot more about blaster and its patches
www.microsoft.com/security/incident/blast.asp

good luck with the photos

Ulsterborn.

dont expect to much out of lifr , that way you wont be disappointed. :bigcry:
Ulsterborn
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Return to The Whippit Inn