police

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

police

Postby jonah » Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:14 am

dropping the wife off in leicester this morning, what pulls along my xx a copper on an R!all marked up in police colours, when did they start using these for police bikes
jonah
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby bezzer » Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:12 pm

Wouldn't like to ride an R1 all day every day :P . It will either be a one off to catch the naughty bikers or they've got it as a test bike.
The manufacturers are always sending them out to be evaluated but it's not really the type they could expect to taken on as a fleet bike.
95% of all Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... the other 5% made it home.
bezzer
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Hate to say it Jonah, but.......

Postby Rolfy Dave » Tue Oct 14, 2003 4:31 pm

..... they have had them for ages... jan & I met one copper with an R1 about 2 years ago, and I was lucky enough to be allowed to take his piccy... I will try to post it now...LOL (here goes)

Best wishes,

Rolfy

Rolfy Dave
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Ladybird » Fri Oct 17, 2003 5:12 pm

Excellent pic there Rolfy. Tell ya what though I wouldn't fancy a 12 hour shift on one, he looks like he dwarfs the bike, it looks like his colleagues would have to peel him off at the end of the shift.

Mind I was concerned that I saw one of our Motorcycle Officers yesterday whizzing around HQ roads on a "go-ped" - no doubt cuts backs again, and they thought they were getting the new Pans !!
Ladybird
IXXRA Founder

Return to The Whippit Inn