Well the seasons are changing...

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Well the seasons are changing...

Postby Ladybird » Sat Oct 18, 2003 7:34 am

what a brilliant year it has been, but sadly time moves on all too quickly and the leaves are now falling.

On Thursday morning, got Bird out 7 a.m. set off for work. Cold yes, rode well into work making progress where I could. Then I turn into the grounds of work. Ice, frost!!! WTF!!! gently round the corners, parked up safely. Security guard flapping his arms around like a penguin, I think he was trying to keep warm. Gets home on evening tells Deano, who laughs and asks didn't I see the windscreen of the cars that needed scraping, nope! I was just looking forward to me ride.

Friday morning, get Bird out of living room into garden. Warm her up, go and check if any ice around...nope! Hoorah, leg over bike and away we go, oh no road is sparkling, shite, ice!! Slide foot along road surface, no not ice, salt!!

Obvious sign now I need to prep my bike for winter, protect everything I can. Polished rims have now to be well cleaned and given a very thin coat of vaseline. Brass pooftahs will require same treatment.

So what do you do to protect your bike for winters attacking conditions?
Ladybird
IXXRA Founder

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Sat Oct 18, 2003 9:30 am

Well, to be honest, I'm just a wuss :( I don't ride her much when the salt is down until it's rained or snowed cuz it really fooks up the alloy, especially where it's hard to get at like the engine. I'm not too fussed about the cold, or the rain, or the snow as long as it's not too deep. I don't take her out on ice if I can avoid it, simply because my fooking feet won't touch the ground to stop her slipping and once it goes, it's gone :P When I get back from a winter ride out, I wait for her to cool for a short while (doesn't take long when it's cold), then I jet wash it - no chemicals, just water, then dry her off, clean her with a micro fibre cloth, polish if necessary with Autoglym, then put her away. Seems to have worked so far, but time will tell :)
TazCBR1100XX

Return to The Whippit Inn