I am about to get a '02 German model...

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

I am about to get a '02 German model...

Postby SuperGeorge » Sat Oct 18, 2003 10:28 am

...fuel injection, catalysers and digital speedmeter. My question to anyone who knows(should be plenty around I guess :mrgreen: ) : does the digital speedmeter show over 299km/h or does it stop at 299(like the 1000 Gixxers and the late R1's).

Thanks in advance everybody xx
The only thing that I know is that I don't know anything ;-)
SuperGeorge
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

welcome

Postby Deano » Sat Oct 18, 2003 6:45 pm

First off SG, welcome to the forum it won't be long before some guru with that info drops by to answer ya question unfortunately I have no idea. :bigcry:

I know you didn't ask this but as for kph to miles I think it is switchable from one to the other so no worries there (I think).

Can I offer to you that the big Jap companies have a gentlemans agreement to limit all bikes to a max of 186mph which is 300kph so it may show this if you ever get it there :P

Can I ask is this gonna be ya first xx or have you had one before? and what bikes have you had before mate? - just wondered.

BTW (by the way) where did you come across a German xx? Is it an import or are you going to collect it.

Once again welcome SG
On the path to "Old and Wise" you must first be "Young and Foolish"
Deano
IXXRA Founder

Re: welcome

Postby SuperGeorge » Sat Oct 18, 2003 7:58 pm

Deano wrote:First off SG, welcome to the forum it won't be long before some guru with that info drops by to answer ya question unfortunately I have no idea. :bigcry:

I know you didn't ask this but as for kph to miles I think it is switchable from one to the other so no worries there (I think).

Can I offer to you that the big Jap companies have a gentlemans agreement to limit all bikes to a max of 186mph which is 300kph so it may show this if you ever get it there :P

Can I ask is this gonna be ya first xx or have you had one before? and what bikes have you had before mate? - just wondered.

BTW (by the way) where did you come across a German xx? Is it an import or are you going to collect it.

Once again welcome SG

Tks fr the welcome :mrgreen: I know about the "of the record agreement" that is why I am asking. I am riding since I was 16 years old(now I am a few months over 30 :banghead) ) and I have not much experience in +100hp bikes. My last one was awesome Yamaha TDM 900 but I decided after 15 months and 25.000 kmh to make a SERIOUS UPGRADE :P xx I did not come across German this is an imported bike.

Last but not least and in case you have not visited Greece you have an open invitation from to come along anytime and believe YOU WON'T REGRET IT :wink)

Cheers! :ride)
The only thing that I know is that I don't know anything ;-)
SuperGeorge
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby darkangel » Sat Oct 18, 2003 9:51 pm

can someone please get me an o2 german model!? (preferably with nice t**ts &gives a mean :blowme) ? ) ha ha ha ha ! welcome Sg! nice to have someone from that sunny island! (reminds me of London! friern barnnet!) sorry thats an "in joke" if ya spent time there! hope yer have as much fun here as i do1 :thumbsup)
Back in da SMOKE!!!! DOH!!!!
darkangel
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby BirdAddict » Sun Oct 19, 2003 12:00 am

kalimera... :D
Image …Ride carefully. It's not only bikes that can be recalled by their maker.
BirdAddict
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Sun Oct 19, 2003 6:16 pm

Yo SG and welcome. I have a UK 2001 model with a speedo which can switch between mph and kph. If I ever decide to go somewhere to give it max revs, I'll switch over to kph and let you know :P I think you'll be much faster waiting until someone else answers your question though :D
TazCBR1100XX

Return to The Whippit Inn