BIKER DOWN********GEORGE DOORS************

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Postby Hawk » Thu Oct 23, 2003 6:28 am

GEORGE DOORS is here for now.

James Cook University Hospital
Marton Road
Middlesbrough
TS4 3BW

he's in ward 37.
The road is never long enough, and too many bastid cages.
Hawk
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby Ladybird » Thu Oct 23, 2003 7:10 am

Hawk, thanks for the info' Deano & I hope to make a visit this evening, so we will let you know how he is, what it happening etc tonight.
Ladybird
IXXRA Founder

Postby bezzer » Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:04 am

For info if anyone was thinking of sending a card or whatever and doesnt know "George's" proper name its Darren Daniel, but I dont suppose it matters much now as he's been in a couple of days and I bet ALL the staff there know him now as George, Chef or Darren :P
95% of all Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... the other 5% made it home.
bezzer
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby jonah » Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:35 am

sorry to hear about your accident matey anything i can do let me know
jonah
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby Ladybird » Thu Oct 23, 2003 6:45 pm

Ok, Deano and I have visited this evening,

Yep, he's definately still alive, and even turned his nose up at the food saying "that's not edible, but I'll have the biscuits", he didn't even want his fromage frais. (Hospitals up north really posh).

Injuries, Broken tibia and fibula in left leg, now pinned from knee to ankle. Broken right wrist, still possibly to be operated on and pinned. Broken collar right collar bone, well swollen. Large bump on the right side of head, helmet shows impact point at the same place.

He's on pain therapy, drip and able to administer own morphine at will with a little push button, but obviously not able to overdose. He says still in fair amount of pain.

However, we had a good laugh and gave his mum a hug. We are going back tomorrow evening, with a copy of these posts, so if you have any messages please post on here and we'll pick them up and get them to him. Any card please now send to:

Darren Daniels
Ward 36
James Cook University Hospital
Marton Road
Middlesbrough
TS4 3BW

Don't worry Taxi I'll inform ward 37 to forward to Darren on his new ward.

Bike apparently is totalled, we have made arrangements with Tillstons to collect from recovery agency used at scene of RTA.

Just to let you know he was flown from the scene by helicopter, but remembers nothing of this at all.

Like we say we'll be popping up to the hospital on a regular basis, and will keep you informed. He's still smiling, and overheard to be saying to a nurse some reference to Vaseline !!!! :P
Ladybird
IXXRA Founder

Postby Hawk » Thu Oct 23, 2003 7:03 pm

I feel quite jealous that I can't go and visit him.

MY OPTIMATE BETTER BE SAFE DAL

Me, Jo and family and Sadie, and Ka and Amanda all send you our best regards and hope that you are feeling as comfortable as the situation allows mate, we are thinking of you all the time mate.

We're thinking "what will he do next to get out of work?" and "I suppose its another claim"

We'll be up to see you when you are out of hospital, or if you want we can come up next week, let us know what YOU want mate.

Take care.

P.S. Got any bits you wanna sell---WOOPS was that a bit EARLY DOORS.
Hawk
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Ladybird

Postby Hawk » Thu Oct 23, 2003 7:15 pm

I've just been to the Hornets Nest where I put a post up about George (The Chef to these peeps) and here are some replies for you to give to him.

Hope the link works!!

http://pub132.ezboard.com/fhornetsnest5 ... 0771.topic
Hawk
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:18 pm

George - get well soon fat lad, and if the food is that bad, let me know and we'll send ya up one of them tasty pies we had in the summer :D Take it easy dude and save me a tasty nurse (or two). Best of luck from Rosie and Taz
TazCBR1100XX

Postby Badger » Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:46 am

George, get well soon mate , the bike can be replaced but you cant ,
keep us updated on his progress guys
AND EVERYBODY BE CAREFUL OUT THERE
SLEEPY CAR DRIVERS WITH THERE HEATERS ON ARE A MENACE.
Back and Ready to Ride
Badger
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Shuggie » Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:29 pm

Best wishes for a speedy recovery mate.
:) :) :)
Now that Deano and Mandy are on the case, you're in the safest hands possible 8), if there's owt you need we're here to help.
(I know where I can lay my hands on a family size jar of Vaseline :wink) )
Never take life seriously....
Nobody makes it out alive anyway!!
Shuggie
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby Hawk » Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:50 pm

Okay you guys, has George put any after market parts on his bike that he hasn't declared with the insurance company that would nul and void it if the valuers came around.

If so could you please remove the said bits and replace with stannard parts please PLEASE 8) Like race cans and the like.

PRETTY PLEASE FROM ESSEX.
Hawk
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby bov » Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:03 pm

Shit georgie! Get well soon fella.
There but for the grace of god go all of us eh guys?
You have offended my family..........and you have offended the Shaolin Temple.
bov
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Update

Postby Deano » Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:09 pm

Update:

Went to see the big man tonight but he was at X-ray so didn't see him but left a copy of all your posts :D I am sure he is reading them by now and having a good ol larf to himself. Nice one folks.

So that you are aware we have made arrangements for his bike to be collected from the recovery boys to Tillstons, and that is being taken care of - so if there's anything that should be sorted (and can be) rest assured it will be. He did mention that he had just got his clear indicators sorted but that isn't an issue as they are as legal as the rest of the bike so no worries there.

Wobbs and Muffles will join us in another visit tomorrow so keep your messages coming as we will make sure he gets every one of them.

Hawk We have been to the Hornets site and printed off the messages for him from there - George will get them tomorrow. If there is anything else that needs to be done please let us know and it will be sorted - OK

George (Bikerchef AKA Darren) needs cheering up folks so any daft comments would be most welcome.

Stay happy folks
Deano & Mandy.
On the path to "Old and Wise" you must first be "Young and Foolish"
Deano
IXXRA Founder

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Fri Oct 24, 2003 9:02 pm

Yo George Doors - here's one for ya - if ya can get yerself over to mine by midnight tonight you can :hump) Mrs.Taz :D Now don't say I didn't offer :mrgreen:
TazCBR1100XX

Postby BirdAddict » Fri Oct 24, 2003 9:05 pm

does Mrs. Taz have a say in this or have you become a pimp ????
...Maybe after Mrs. Taz has a sample of the Doors' she may not want anything else...
Image …Ride carefully. It's not only bikes that can be recalled by their maker.
BirdAddict
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Bristle Hound » Fri Oct 24, 2003 10:44 pm

Nice to see Deano & Ladybird looking after you George ! :thumbsup)

Was speaking to Gary in Tillo's the other day - Apparently the helicopter they sent to pick George up at the scene of the RTA wasn't strong enough to pick him up, so they had to wait for a Chinook to cart him off to hozzy ! lol
Didn't have that black visor on did yeh mate ? :wink)
How the fook you got back from Taz's with the dark visor following me a 3 figure speeds is beyond me !
Get well soon mate - Card in the post ! :thumbsup)
Bristle Hound
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Hawk » Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:19 am

Get him to tell you about the time he got lost in Belgium, was a very stressful time for Dal, lost in Belgium, can't speak the language, can't hear the phone conversation coz of the traffic noise, and he's well lost, and well stressed out, all I could hear being screamed on the other end of the line was

F*CK IT I'M GOING HOME THEN LOL.

I asked him if he could see any road signs, place names and said "yeah i can see PARIS!!!!" and I thought NO, how could he be on his way to Paris, he's only been lost 15 minutes.

LOL I'm Going home to my mummy Dal!!!.
Hawk
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby XXAndy » Sat Oct 25, 2003 2:46 pm

TazCBR1100XX wrote:Yo George Doors - here's one for ya - if ya can get yerself over to mine by midnight tonight you can :hump) Mrs.Taz :D Now don't say I didn't offer :mrgreen:

Carefull Chef, I happen to know Mrs Taz is out with the girls, so you'll probably end up with Taz in a frock... :P :)
XXAndy

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:19 pm

Hawk wrote:a very stressful time for Dal, lost in Belgium, can't speak the language

Well that's a fookin surprise considering he struggles with fookin English :banghead)

Sorry you missed your appointment with Mrs.Taz George - it's probably safer for me to tell her about it now :mrgreen: I'll send you the used Tampax over so you can at least get an idea of what you missed out on :D
TazCBR1100XX

Postby BirdAddict » Sat Oct 25, 2003 7:39 pm

That's just gross...

...Is this your missus then Tazzie mi boy ????

Image …Ride carefully. It's not only bikes that can be recalled by their maker.
BirdAddict
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Gizzit » Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:17 pm

If it is, that sure ain't Taz, his feet would be dangling a good 4" from the floor if he's sat on da potty :D :D :D
Can't catch me ................... Image
Gizzit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby numb bits » Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:41 pm

What a crap year mate, my little off at sherburn feels quite insignificant to your ordeal, still if we put bit's of our bikes togeather we could come out of it with a new colour scheme,just like the new xx suposed to be lol but seriously mate enjoy the rest and speedy recovery,all the best.
Numb bit's (Dave) :wink)
numb bits

Postby Ladybird » Sun Oct 26, 2003 9:26 am

Well the crew went to see "the doors man" last night. He's looking real good sat up in bed with shorts and t-shirt on. And we got some pics' (to follow when downloaded from camera). X-rays on Friday were to confirm pins were in correct place, and I can confirm that his wrist is pinned too. Whilst laid in his bed he says pain levels are 5 out of 10 but trying to move around up to 9 out of 10. But considering we're only 4 days after the accident I suppose that's not bad, although George may think differently.

He has bumps, bruises and scabs all over, so we had a guided tour to try and work out what they were all from.

The hospital staff are currently trying to work with him so he can get up and around, however this is proving somewhat difficult, because he has injuries on both sides, so walking frames etc are very difficult to use with the collar bone injury and wrist in plaster. They have, however told him that if everything goes well, and with him living in a bungalow, there is a possibility he may be home for Monday. Which I can tell you now he is looking forward to immensly. He still reckons the food is s&*t!

He's determined he is going to have another Bird, and can't wait to start riding again. His bike is now in the hands of his local Honda dealer and they will be taking care of everything on his behalf in this respect. We do have some pics of the bike coming, but we'll need Georges permission to post 'em before we do.

So there you go....Hawk, we will hopefully be in touch with Tilstons (who have his bike on Monday). Your Optimizer is in his rear box, do you want it forwarding onto yourself?

Quote from George Doors " Thanks everyone for the messages, I really appreciate them. It's unbelieveable to find out how many friends you have, its really cool".

Ladybird
IXXRA Founder

PreviousNext

Return to The Whippit Inn