Are these any good?

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Are these any good?

Postby Hawk » Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:23 am

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... gory=25632

Are these the ones to have or are there better.
The road is never long enough, and too many bastid cages.
Hawk
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby BirdAddict » Sat Oct 25, 2003 10:03 am

Same as the ones I have , however I paid £20- so at that price and still rising I'm sure its a bargin...don't forget the postage on top..
Image …Ride carefully. It's not only bikes that can be recalled by their maker.
BirdAddict
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Also available from....

Postby Rolfy Dave » Sat Oct 25, 2003 10:11 am

,,,Jaws motorcycles on the BIRD site...

Before you say it. I know its from the dark side, but they are only £18 inc postage... You cant say fairer than that.

And I know they are good, coz I have a pair fitted to mine..

They only work at low speeds, but that is where most of us "drop" the bloody thing... :banghead)

Have a look,

Best wishes,

Rolfy
Rolfy Dave
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Gizzit » Sat Oct 25, 2003 11:25 am

I wouldn't go for the ones on e-bay mate, it doesn't say what make they are, also, it looks as though the thread will be a bit on the short side.

Mushrooms won't save the bike in a spill, the bolt just isn't strong enough to take any real force. I had R&G crash bungs on my old bird, you have to drill the fairing but they are much more substantial and bolt to the engine mounting points. I am going to fit some to my new bird over the winter, but at 50 quid a pop it aint cheap.

A mate of mine had an off on his gixxer 750 a while ago doing about 20-30 mph, the crash bung definately saved the bike from serious damage. All he got was a gnarled bung and a slight scratch on his tail fairing.

I do have mushrooms on my bird at the moment cos it is better than nothing. I concur with Rolfy, I think the mushroom would be ok at very low speed or if you dropped the bike stationary, but nothing more than that.
Can't catch me ................... Image
Gizzit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby XXAndy » Sat Oct 25, 2003 2:41 pm

I had a set from Jaws fitted to my baby and if you can remember the photos of my 'off', it was the mushrooms that did the most damage. The bolts simply arent up to the job, they bent on mine and put the mushroom through the fairing, snapping off the bolt and leaving it embedded in the frame. I have put the R&G ones on the bus, worth the extra in my humble opinion. :P
I can reccomend getting stuff from Jaws though, prices always keen and speedy delivery.
XXAndy

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:13 pm

XXAndy wrote:I have put the R&G ones on the bus, worth the extra in my humble opinion

Well ya won't know that til yer fall off again will ya :roll)
TazCBR1100XX

Postby Bristle Hound » Tue Oct 28, 2003 12:30 am

TazCBR1100XX wrote:Well ya won't know that til yer fall off again will ya

Fine words of wisdom - AGAIN asshole ! lol
Bristle Hound
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Return to The Whippit Inn