Southern Poofta's

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Re: Southern Poofta's

Postby BirdAddict » Tue Oct 28, 2003 12:26 pm

TaxiRED wrote:

Minus 50 degrees - Santa Claus abandons the North Pole - people in the North put on their hat an scarfs

Last time I fookin looked at an atlas, the NORTH POLE was still in the north, So are you calling Santa a POOFTAH ????
He knows when you've been naughty so no prezzies for you this year.

And the only reason us southerners remark on the cold is so it gives us a chance to snuggle up to the opposite sex or maybe the sheep(welshmen).

:wink)
Image …Ride carefully. It's not only bikes that can be recalled by their maker.
BirdAddict
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Chrixx » Tue Oct 28, 2003 1:09 pm

Is it true that the Southeners are too posh to wear wellies :?

They have to sew Velcro on the front of their trousers to"accommodate" the sheep. :thumbsup)

Chrixx (from Hampshire when I am at home)
** Too young to be a Sugar Daddy - - - Too old to be a Toy Boy**
Chrixx
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby XXAndy » Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:06 pm

:D :notworthy) :thumbsup) lol
XXAndy

Postby Ladybird » Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:12 am

people in the North sunbathe

Thursday morning, frosty, deano and I share a lift to work, no way am I taking the Bird. On route we see a postman in shorts and t-shirt, mind his legs were that ruby red, scorched with cold colour ! :P
Ladybird
IXXRA Founder

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Sun Nov 02, 2003 11:35 am

What abart the fookin Bennys in the Falklands :? Got down there in February to offload a wad of Pongos (apparently the middle of summer down there :P ), sat there freezing my titz off after the sunnier climes of Ascension Island, and therez these fookin locals walking around with fookin shorts n T shirts on while I'm in full winter clothing and yer standard Pusser issue foul weather gear :banghead) Mind you, they still wore those fookin stoopid Benny hats (for those of you too young to know what a Benny hat is - i.e. Badgers Cub - ask yer Dad :mrgreen: lol
TazCBR1100XX

Postby Gizzit » Sun Nov 02, 2003 1:34 pm

Not allowed to call em Bennys any more :(

They are now called Stills! (Still Bennys :D )
Can't catch me ................... Image
Gizzit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Ladybird » Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:25 am

Ah now - up north in the UK (namely Hartlepool) they call 'em DUTTS
Ladybird
IXXRA Founder

Postby darkangel » Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:51 am

now if that "monkey" had been wearin one they wouldnt have "hung" it now would they? would have looked like evryone else! :D lol

Back in da SMOKE!!!! DOH!!!!
darkangel
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby XXAndy » Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:26 pm

Funniest thing I saw in the Falklands was teams of 'squadies' on Penguin standing up duty (the penguins fall over looking at the jet fighters in the sky and cant stand up again :D )
Oh, and when hunting for mines, forget all the technical gear, simply release a few dozen penguins into the suspect field/beach and, hey presto exploding penguins :P
XXAndy

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:01 am

Funniest thing I saw happened when one of the crabs married a local on the Island. Our ship was anchored just outside the harbour and Pusser was running a liberty boat. Anyway, being the gents we all were, it was a case of Ladies First up the rope ladder onto the ship - and the poor old crab was stood at the bottom having a right old eppy cuz everyone was skegging up her dress all the way up the ladder :D
TazCBR1100XX

Postby Gizzit » Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:25 am

I was down there about 20 years ago and just remember it being a bleak and miserable place. The only thing that made me laugh during my 6 month trip was when one silly bugger off my ship got shitfaced on the local penguin ale and went for a swim off the jetty in Stanly. Silly sod got hyperthermia and had to be warmed up in the skippers bath tub :roll)

Oh, and our stupid helecopter pilot took off with no IFF once and got locked on by the Rapier site. Fookin panic.... he nearly crapped himself :mrgreen:
Gizzit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:19 pm

I went onboard Minerva for dinner in the wardroom, got shitfaced, woke up in the Chaplins cabin (he was on leave thankfully :oops) ), went up top to find myself in San Carlos water, blowing a fookin gale, got put ashore to catch a helicopter from Kelly's Garden, fookin choppers were grounded so had to hang around there for a few hours, hitched a lift on a Wessex carrying mail back to Stanley, then hitched another lift in the back of a fookin Army landrover, got to the jetty and the fookin RN wouldn't put to sea to take us out the the ship, spent the night in Emmas Guest House just off the jetty (that Bus like ugly Pink thing), MOD had to contract a fookin tug to take us back to the ship cuz our own navy were scared of the waves :roll) , eventually got back onboard still dressed in number ones after the dinner bash, but fortunately a merchant ship has to have the full compliment of Radio Officers onboard before she can sail, so they had to wait cuz my oppo was stranded in Stanley too :mrgreen: I looked more like I'd just done a fookin tour of the Sahara instead of going to dinner :D
TazCBR1100XX

Postby Gizzit » Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:58 pm

Bleak, fookin miserable, wet, windy and cold

The Bennys are fookin welcome to it I say!
Gizzit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Tue Nov 04, 2003 4:10 pm

They're welcome to the fookin mutton burgers too :sick)
TazCBR1100XX

Return to The Whippit Inn