I get aggravation from the Harley-wannabes

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Postby Ladybird » Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:16 am

Just following on from Demontats experience, I noticed a line in his post

In MCN letters this week the following:

"Riding a Fazer was my only crime"

Why, when Harley riders get together do they transform from mild-mannered eccentrics into idiots?

Last Sundays "hoggin the bridge" run that met at Aust Services on the M4 and then went over the two Severn Bridges and into Bristol is a good example. This charity event was organised by Bridgwater Harley Owners Group and an invitation was extended to riders of all types of bikes.

I turned up with a load of friends and joined the run but was subjected to the most offensive behaviour imaginable. You'd have thought I was Saddam Hussein or Osama Bin Laden! My crime? I was riding a Fazer 600 displaying a Japanese flag.

These Massey-Ferguson riding cretins were swearing and swerving into me, attempting to snatch my flag, spitting, obscenely gesticulating and generally displaying their disapproval of me and the bike. Other bikes were there flying various flags of their choosing, so why was mine so offensive to them?

In future I think I'll stick to biking events that only involve "real" bikers" signed Rocky

Ok soap box time.....FFS what the hell is going on. The Harley group have openly invited other bikers to take part in a charity event. I have never encountered shitty behaviour like this from any other biker, nor, do I want to, but who the F%&k do they think they are, to make someone feel like this. I only hope this rider is not new to the world of biking, cos' if it were me, I'd be hanging me helmet up...thinking I don't want to be part of a community who portray their passion in this way.

Now we don't know the other sides views, but we all ride bikes, it was for charity. Has anyone else encountered this kind of s*&t?
Ladybird
IXXRA Founder

Postby darkangel » Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:43 am

Hey Ladybird! :D i think Bezzers Signature just about sums it all up realy! its just jealousy! not a single harley rider i ever encountered was "GOOD PEOPLE"! i rode as a dispatch rider for over20years in london! done average 60,000miles a year& the only people on bikes who "pissed me off" were the old style :headbang) riddin harleys or similar! im sorry for this because at the end of the day we are all bike ridders no matter what! yeah ive had long hair& looked like typical biker in the past but when you progress on to something better like a bird fazer blade bandit hornet or whatever these assholes are stuck in the past! it "BOILS MY BLOOD" :evil) when i think about it! the only thing i can think of for em is sniper ! Fook em! we as "proper" riders dont need em& its time for them to "wake up&smell the coffee"! :banghead) times change, so do the styles of bikes & the gear we wear! they are stuck in some kinda time warp! W"kers!

Back in da SMOKE!!!! DOH!!!!
darkangel
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby bezzer » Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:50 am

I love this quote from a Harley rider, no its not a 30 year old bike its a 2002 3,500 miler
It's heavy, loud, slow, vibrates and leaks oil all over the place, but I really can't imagine my life with out it. She's never let me down, and has gotten me out of some sticky situations. When my daughter is on the back and we're trotting down the highway at 45 mph, she yells at me from underneath her helmet and says, FASTER DADDY, FASTER!!! It sends goosebumps
down my back...

It's no wonder we think of them as SAD :P .
Wonder if he's ever gone over 45mph yet or too frightened as he'll lose either his fillings or bike parts :roll)
95% of all Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... the other 5% made it home.
bezzer
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby darkangel » Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:40 pm

its the "FASTER DADDY FASTER" bit that scares the shit outta me! sends "goosebumps" down his back! now what was the number of the C.P.A.??????? :D oh mummy help me!Image
Back in da SMOKE!!!! DOH!!!!
darkangel
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby Gizzit » Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:16 pm

1% - 13 - Anyone remember that?

I remember in the heady days of the late 70s/early 80s where bikers were bikers regardless of what they rode. There was always the 'thug' element, mainly from those who wore 'colours', but we all respected that and gave them plenty of room. I think there has been a shift in what it means to be a biker over the last few decades. There are more people out there riding not for the life style but because it is trendy. I remember the days when if you saw a biker in distress, ie broken down or whatever, you would ALWAYS stop to offer assitance, no matter what they were riding (within reason).

These dick-heads that gave the Fazer rider grief because he was on a Japanese bike have probably been watching too many bad biker dude American movies. Yes, we all like to take the piss out of other bikes/colours and their owners, but at the end of the day, it IS only meant in jest. Any real biker respects other bikers because of what it means to be a biker, not what you ride or even how you ride it.

Just because you ride a Harley does not automatically make you an 'Angel' and to be quite honest, the 'Angels' that I have been involved with over the last 25 or so years would not behave like that, especially on a charity run.

Fuggin tossers, bet they have got a Jag parked on their gravel drive at home, next to their wives merc and only passed their tests a few months ago by direct access. Probably venting their spleens because the board meeting last week didn't go as well as planned! Fuggin idiots :pissed)

Rant over :D
Last edited by Gizzit on Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Can't catch me ................... Image
Gizzit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby BirdAddict » Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:29 pm

Well I think that respect from fellow bikers is shite to say the least.
I have always stopped or signaled when a biker is stopped on the side of the road just in case he is in need.
The friendly NOD we bikers give eachother has got less and less over the years also.
I aknowledge riders regardless what the're on, however I find that I only get the nod from bikers on big bikes whilst I'm on the Blackie and get totally ignored on the scooter, so for all you tossers out there that think I'm a piece of shit while riding my scooter but can take the time to nod while I'm on the Bird...can just fook off as Two Faced pratts like you aren't needed.
Image …Ride carefully. It's not only bikes that can be recalled by their maker.
BirdAddict
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Gizzit » Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:32 pm

Amen to that BA :clap:
Gizzit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Mon Nov 03, 2003 2:12 pm

BirdAddict wrote:I find that I only get the nod from bikers on big bikes whilst I'm on the Blackie and get totally ignored on the scooter

I experienced that when I was on the pups ped too. I nod to all bikers, regardless of what they're riding, even the peds. But I gotta admit, it does make me smile when a 16 year old on a scooter almost nods his head off to acknowledge you - must make 'em feel REALLY special to get a nod off the one and only Taz on his Super Sexy Silver Bird :D
TazCBR1100XX

Postby BirdAddict » Mon Nov 03, 2003 2:49 pm

TazCBR1100XX wrote: the one and only Taz

Thank fook...Dont think anyone could handle any more than one of you...
BirdAddict
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Mon Nov 03, 2003 5:04 pm

Oh sorry, didn't I mention that there's also a Taz Junior in the household :mrgreen:
TazCBR1100XX

Postby BirdAddict » Mon Nov 03, 2003 5:06 pm

Whatch out world...like farther like son...lets hope not :bigcry:
BirdAddict
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Gizzit » Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:38 pm

Lets hope they spin in opposite directions.... that way they will cancel each other out. Fook knows what would happen if they joined and got bigger :bigshock)
Gizzit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby XXAndy » Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:39 pm

Have to say, I havent had any problems with the leaking oil brigade but as for scooters............
The parking spaces in town are for motor cycles not fooking scooters :banghead) and if I have to move one more fooking piece of italian, school boy riding piece of crap away from my bike, after the wanker that rides it parked it so close to mine I neded a fooking tyre leaver to get at mine, I sware to God I am going to pick it up and park it in the middle of the road and not 50 yards down the pavement, which is what I did to the last one. :P
Sorry, rant over.... and no, I dont nod to schoolboys in t-shirt and shorts on a fooking scooter! 8)
XXAndy

Postby BirdAddict » Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:51 pm

God forbid you ever break down (which is most likely cosidering that scrap metal you ride) and the only help you can get is from me on my schooter... may I suggest you always carry a pair of comfortable trainers as you'd be in for a long walk with that type of attitude.
Or could it be you're just jealous of that cool Italian styling these scooters have now-a-days...or maybe even that your arse is too fookin large to fit on one...Or even better...and I think this may be the full reason...
Some 16 year old in t-shirt, shorts and trainers actually left you standing at the lights on his 50cc Italjet and you on the pile of sh*** you pretend to be proud of ?????????? :wink)
BirdAddict
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby bezzer » Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:22 pm

Kinnell BA I've noticed how you seem to have got braver and more bolshie these past few days. Is is the time of life, or time of the month :roll)
95% of all Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... the other 5% made it home.
bezzer
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby BirdAddict » Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:46 pm

Well this world seems to be getting a nastier place, As for Andy's rant on scooters...if you have nowhere to park maybe you should get a group together and aproach you local council puting your case forward for more parking spaces after all it is the government who forces people to commute on bikes as the transport is unreliable and far too expensive. Scooters are a good choice of vehicle as they are cheaper to buy, run and tax...

It's not the time of month or the time in my life,... it's just time
BirdAddict
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby bezzer » Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:00 pm

BirdAddict wrote:
It's not the time of month or the time in my life,... it's just time

Oh right, so you're looking for the meaning of life then :P , aren't we all, but you ain't going to find it here unless we can beat it out of Taz :banghead) :twisted)
bezzer
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby BirdAddict » Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:05 pm

I don't do "Beating"...but if Taz would like to give it voluntarally...I'd say yes please..
BirdAddict
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Gizzit » Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:08 pm

He's more likely to 'TAKE' it voluntarily, but I guess if you bend down a bit he may be obliging :mrgreen:
Gizzit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby BirdAddict » Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:10 pm

I sure don't do the "bending down bit" either...it's exit only
BirdAddict
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Gizzit » Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:12 pm

I definately prefer entrances to exits :D

But what ever floats ya boat dude :mrgreen:
Gizzit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby BirdAddict » Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:14 pm

oh shite...is your name bubba ??????????????????
BirdAddict
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Gizzit » Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:19 pm

:banghead) Fuggit, too fuggin difficult to think of a whitty fuggin reply
Gizzit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby bezzer » Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:29 pm

He looks nothing like Bubba, this is Bubba and friends

bezzer
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Gizzit » Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:31 pm

Fugginell :bigshock) you definately DO NOT want Bubba on yer tail :bigshock)
Gizzit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Next

Return to The Whippit Inn