Replacement screen opinions

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Replacement screen opinions

Postby piers » Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:42 pm

Any suggestions as to an effective replacement screen for an '02?

Ideally something that does not force my head into the following car like the standard one seems to.

Thanks

Piers
piers
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby bezzer » Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:57 pm

I'm 6' tall I've tried the standard and also Powerbronze and MRA double bubbles. It all depends on your normal riding position, can get on with them all at different times depending on what I'm doing. The double bubbles throw the air higher but you get it on your head if you are more upright, they're better when you tuck down a bit and the MRA is the best, Powerbronze isn't very good quality or fit. But saying that I've been using the standard screen recently, after a trip of 200 odd miles, mainly motorway, a couple of weeks ago I realised afterwards I'd got no problems with the standard screen at all. Mines an 00 model if yours is 02 model its the higher one which gives you similar ergos to a double bubble perhaps better to look at a Givi touring type screen.
95% of all Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... the other 5% made it home.
bezzer
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby jonah » Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:40 am

I had the same problem fitted a double bubble made by nuvo now no wind gets me at all , I am 6ft 1 " , highly recomend it my one was supplied by www.blackbirdspares.co.uk, pete is very helpful lad and prices are excellent i paid £30.
jonah
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby XXAndy » Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:31 pm

Powerbronze do a fine one, just make sure its attached to a busa for that added satisfaction..... :D Money well spen :)
XXAndy

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:51 pm

XXAndy wrote:Powerbronze do a fine one, just make sure its attached to a busa for that added satisfaction

Are you sure you're on the right site today BusLad :roll) Yer pushing it a bit :banghead)
TazCBR1100XX

Postby bezzer » Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:24 pm

My Powerbronze one is shite, had to grind some plastic away to make it fit after it broke a fairing pin because it was too big and the fit round the edge was crap and had to put a bead of black silicone round to make it look anything like right.
95% of all Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... the other 5% made it home.
bezzer
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Demontat » Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:28 pm

XXAndy wrote:Powerbronze do a fine one, just make sure its attached to a busa for that added satisfaction.....

Sad, very sad and pathetic !! :bigcry: :bigcry:
Trespass sweet the urge, give me my sin again.

Demontat
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby darkangel » Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:58 pm

Been using an "Ermax" double bubble since february& had no complaints! as you can see from the photo album its well Black! you can se through it on sunny days but beware at night time! 8) the thing i found the best about it was other DB put the wind blast straight onto yer shoulders(which at 160mph at the Nring was a problem!) but this one NO Probs!

Back in da SMOKE!!!! DOH!!!!
darkangel
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby REEFER » Sat Nov 08, 2003 1:38 pm

im 6'4" and a couple of bacon sarnies over me ideal weight :oops)
tried a double bubble and still found the wind just too much over 120mph (test track) so had to opt for the flip up screen..yes i know that it looks a bit poo but it does what it says on the label..stops the wind :banghead)
REEFER
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Gizzit » Sat Nov 08, 2003 2:02 pm

:stupid) MRA flip for me. 'kin excellent.

check out this thread:

http://ixxra.co.uk/ipw-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?t=608

for more details if U R interested :mrgreen:
Can't catch me ................... Image
Gizzit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to The Whippit Inn