can you help

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

can you help

Postby stuart » Sat Nov 08, 2003 9:23 am

SILVER BLACKBIRD FOR SALE !!
2001 Y reg, 10 k on the clock, totally immaculate also with datatool and datatag fitted, only mods are a double bubble screen, standard still wrapped up and as new, rear hugger and a givi wingrack system is fitted at present with an E46 top box and colour matched E41 panniers.
The number plate is Y11 CBR , this is to be sold with the bike if it is wanted, £5300 or £5800 with plate. please contact me Stuart at stujokitty@ntlworld.com or phone 0116 2302623 for further details or even just a chat to talk me out of selling it.
Thanks
Stuart
can supply pics via email, because I`m not sure how to attach them to this post, I`ll have to ask my daughter !
stuart
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby Gizzit » Sat Nov 08, 2003 11:54 am

You after getting rid for a Black one dude? Understandable. :mrgreen:

Seriously though, not the best time of year to sell as I'm sure you must be aware. If you can hold on till the spring you will get a much better price. Or better still, dont sell :D

I sold a bike through ebay a while ago. didn't do the auction thing, a bloke saw it on ebay, liked it, came to see it and baught it. Bargain. Its a good way of getting exposure as long as you set a realistic reserve price so that you dont let it go for a song.

the only other alternatives I can think of are the usual autotrader and MCN routes, sorry I cant help you shift it. Dont sell to a dealer though cos they will flease you :roll)
Can't catch me ................... Image
Gizzit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby stuart » Sat Nov 08, 2003 12:35 pm

Thanks for the info, I`ve just been typing to Taz and explained that I am trying all the freebie options first, I put it up for sale a while ago and then went on a trip across Europe ending up in southern Poland, this was on said blackbird, this very nearly persuaded me to keep it as I have not used such a good mile munching motorcycle before, and I`ve had a few. You would think that it would shine across the autobahns in Germany ,and it did, but what surprised me was how it felt so at home whether in mountain twisties of Slovakia or bimbling along city centers strewn with cobble stones and wet tram lines, and at carried me for 700 miles at a time with no aches or pains to speak of. But my mind is made up it has to go to create some space and money for my next bike.
Its a shame, buts its been fun,
if only I win the lottery I could keep them all!
stu
stuart
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Return to The Whippit Inn