Where did we go wrong? (A Rant, sorry )....

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Where did we go wrong? (A Rant, sorry )....

Postby bezzer » Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:11 pm

What the fook is wrong with the younger ones today, used to be teenagers were spoilt little whingers who couldn't do anything for themselves and didnt ever think of helping someone else but eventually grew out of it by legal pub age and became close to being a human being. Now they're still acting the same well into their 20's. :P

Today all within an hour or so saw the lad next door (23) come out, move their wheelie bin (that had just been emptied and was on the pavement) because it was by his car door and put it across the entrance to their drive, then drove off. Came back a short time later, moved the bin again back onto the pavement to clear the drive so he could drive in and wash his car off on the drive, just didnt enter his head that the bin was empty and he could move it about 15 feet to put it back at the side of the house where it belonged, it stayed there until tonight when his mum got in and she put it back.
But to top it before this happened I was walking past another near neighbours and saw the woman (60 odd years old who has terminal breast cancer all one side of her chest/arm has already been eaten away and she's in the middle of more chemo treatment) struggling to move her wheelie bin from the side of her house to the pavement, having a real struggle and there not 6 feet away is one of her daughters (23-24) just watching. Couldn't believe it , went and moved the bin for her and the girl just stayed there looking confused that someone was capable of helping someone else. :P

What's going to happen when we get to OAP status, I'm worried to fookin death that this current shower of shit are the ones that will be running the country then.
Or will they?, read today that we're breeding such a lazy, overweight and unfit load of kids that their life expectancy is going to be less than ours. I'm as guilty as anyone else I've got a lad 23 who'd put Swampie to shame and a daughter 25 who gets through more vodka than Taz though in my defence I blame their mother who I divorced 12 years ago. 8)

Rant over, sorry about that :oops)
95% of all Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... the other 5% made it home.
bezzer
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Re: Where did we go wrong? (A Rant, sorry )....

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:49 pm

bezzer wrote:I've got a lad 23 who'd put Swampie to shame and a daughter 25 who gets through more vodka than Taz

Now hang fire right there dude and let me put yer straight on one thing - if I get drunk on voddie, it's just the one glass, not a fookin bottle full :banghead) Yer confusing my drinking habits with those of my wife again who is wading her way through a bottle as I speak (well, type anyway) :D

As for the lazy barstids of today/tomorrow - my eldest lad is 27, and has got past the stage where he can take his hands out of his pockets and do something with his life and is being very successful :) My daughter at 23 thinks life is just about her and how much money she can spend in a short space of time before expecting MORE because she ran out :banghead) Typical woman :roll) The youngest lad at 16 was spotted raking leaves off the lawn the other day - but that could have been due to the fact that I was pissed off with him and he wanted to get back in my good books so I'd pay for him to go ice skating :mrgreen: All in all, I suppose I'm reasonably fortunate - but all that could change too if I ever need to depend on the buggers :oops)
TazCBR1100XX

Re: Where did we go wrong? (A Rant, sorry )....

Postby Gizzit » Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:31 pm

TazCBR1100XX wrote:if I get drunk on voddie, it's just the one glass

Its down to the body mass/alcohol ratio matey. One glass for the Taz dude is the same a 1 litre bottle to most other people :D
Can't catch me ................... Image
Gizzit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby rob_1961 » Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:22 am

Well im saying nothing about my kids cos itle be them who picks the old folks home for me ( in a few years that is) :mrgreen:
Now on a busa
rob_1961
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby Chrixx » Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:39 pm

BRING BACK NATIONAL SERVICE (Cripes, that sounds like my dad.)

Sez he who just escaped it, being deferred due to taking an apprenticeship. By the time I was 21, National Servive had been stopped and 2guns I never heard the last of it from my big brother.
** Too young to be a Sugar Daddy - - - Too old to be a Toy Boy**
Chrixx
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby darkangel » Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:56 pm

Yo! Chrixx dude! i almost aggree with yer on that! my little stint in the 9th/12th Lancers taught me a thing or two BUT i went there cause i wanted to! :? im sure Today's lazy little b*stards would be tought what is right & wrong but the downside to it is they might just come home & use it on the People who made em go in the first place :D DOH!

Back in da SMOKE!!!! DOH!!!!
darkangel
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Return to The Whippit Inn