NEC Fugly Blackbird Competition

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

NEC Fugly Blackbird Competition

Postby bezzer » Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:06 pm

The annual fugly Blackbird competition was once again held at the NEC show. Some may remember last years metallic pink model that walked away with it, it couldn't return to defend the title this year as it's now been resprayed. However the competition was fierce with 4 entries and in reverse order they are -
3rd equal the two candy red models seen on different stands, no pic, couldn't be arsed to switch the camera on but you know how shitty they look anyway.

2nd The new 04 "Matt Gunpowder Black" - it just don't look "right" just the cobbled together end of the line model that we know it is. Spoke to a couple of the Honda men they're saying Japan isn't releasing any details of the updated bird yet, believe they have had some problems with it and are making sure it is OK before announcing it but hadn't got a clue when it might be but will be ASAP as they don't want to lag too far behind the opposition. The matt bike paint was all marked greasy prints and that and when I mentioned it was told it just polishes up great, what he seemed to forget was that this was only 5 past 10 and the show had only been open 5 minutes not enough time to get in the state it was unless someone had forgot to do it earlier on, going to take some work to keep it looking OK.

1st with no arguments wot a waste :banghead) uglier than an Eye Abuser

95% of all Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... the other 5% made it home.
bezzer
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Marxx » Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:26 pm

Your right Bezzer, it just dont look right, saying that if i was getiing one for £0 then i'd bite ya hand off :evil) Cant wait to see what the new ones like. Havent Yamaha come out with a matt look paint scheme R1??? or something. Still as you said, no where near as bad as #1 some people have too much cash :roll) i mean for what he must have paid for that he could have got a Titanium colour :mrgreen:
It's not the speed that kill's it's the sudden stop!!
Marxx
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby bezzer » Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:07 am

Couldn't really get near the new litre sports models, the ZX10, R1 and Blade all had massive crowds round them, dunno why most would never ride them, they're miniature, have to be a dwarf to fit on them....cue Taz abuse :wink)

Got to give Honda some credit, usually everyone rails off their brand new forthcoming models so you can't touch them let alone sit on them but they had 2 new blades on a raised pedestal area and staff were letting people up one by one to actually sit on them, but as I say anyone over 5'9" looked like they were on a minimoto.
95% of all Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... the other 5% made it home.
bezzer
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby BirdAddict » Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:55 am

.... :wtf: :sick)
Image …Ride carefully. It's not only bikes that can be recalled by their maker.
BirdAddict
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Gizzit » Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:08 pm

Well, I guess if you look at it as a piece of art, where the artist used the basic Blackbird platform as a canvass to display his talents, labouring for hours to create his statement of beauty in mechanical form, lovingly layering each coat of the finest metal flake, scrolling the art-work to his intricate design and finishing with coat after coat of deep lustrous laquer.............

Then the blokes a complete fookin bastid, fookin ruining a perfectly good Blackbird with his fookin graffiti, fookin tvat needs to get a new fookin hobby. He should try fookin crayons and a fookin colouring book next time. Assole :pissed)

Ahem :mrgreen:
Can't catch me ................... Image
Gizzit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby BirdAddict » Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:41 pm

I bet Suzuki would give him a job to design the the colour scheme for it's newest model of their hunchback.
Image …Ride carefully. It's not only bikes that can be recalled by their maker.
BirdAddict
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Shuggie » Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:52 pm

Looks like a Lawrence Llewelyn Bowen work of crap.!!!! :banghead)
Never take life seriously....
Nobody makes it out alive anyway!!
Shuggie
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby Gizzit » Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:32 pm

OK, perhaps not quite up to the standards of Bezzer's Fugly silver effort, but I would like to submit this one as a runner up.......

Image Image

Gotta agree with the comments about the Matt Blackie, it looks even worse in the flesh. Not good.

Can't catch me ................... Image
Gizzit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby bezzer » Wed Nov 19, 2003 11:10 pm

Dear oh dear that is sick. Never saw it when I went, didn't take much notice of the touring holiday section
bezzer
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby numb bits » Sat Nov 22, 2003 2:53 pm

Glad i saved me money and didnt go looks like i missed now't :(
numb bits

Postby Simon S » Wed Nov 26, 2003 8:41 pm

Yes a Matt black Honda.what a good idea?
I'm off to the garage to attack the bike with the orbital sander! :stupid)
Simon S
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Return to The Whippit Inn