Oi Gizzit

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Oi Gizzit

Postby bezzer » Wed Nov 19, 2003 11:22 pm

..get any bargains dude??. Saw today in MCN that Silvers were selling new 'bird tanks there for £95 wot a bargain, never noticed them when I was looking round their stall.
95% of all Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... the other 5% made it home.
bezzer
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Gizzit » Thu Nov 20, 2003 6:16 pm

Didn't see the tanks :( that sounds like a really good deal (if they are painted of course). I did pick up one of the carbon effect front fenders though, not bad at all, 41 quid, bargain :mrgreen: Had a look at some genuine carbon ones - not impressed. Only 1 layer of carbon matting and quite flimsy. Also got a new lid (ROOF le Mans) - £35 off retail, fender extender and some R&G crash bungs.

Had a look at the tank covers but they were more dosh than I wanted to spend at the moment and no discount available. It can wait till the Spring :|

On the whole I thought it was a good show :D spent all day there from 10 till about half 4, would have stayed longer but the old legs were getting tired :bigcry:
Can't catch me ................... Image
Gizzit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby XXAndy » Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:24 am

A little birdie (dealer) was telling me a story that Japan regularly floggs off spares at the end of the financial year cheap, indeed he recently 'aquired' some bird tanks, amongst other stuff, for £5, yes thats F.I.V.E. POUNDS each. He reckons thats what happens when you see them going cheap at trade shows etc.
XXAndy

Return to The Whippit Inn