We could have problems with Demon....

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

We could have problems with Demon....

Postby bezzer » Fri Nov 28, 2003 12:14 am

.....if/when he manages to visit these shores unless we educate him.

Open season on US haggis hunters

By Alan Hamilton(The Times)

One quarter of all American visitors to Scotland come in the belief that they will be able to go on a haggis hunt.
They are, however, not quite certain what the beast looks like. In a survey of 1,000 US tourists, conducted by a West Lothian-based processor and packager of haggis meat, one respondent thought a haggis was a wild Highland nocturnal creature no bigger than a grouse. Another said it resembled a fox. One fifth of those questioned believed Scotland to be an English county, that all Glaswegians spoke Gaelic, and that William Wallace, the 13th-century freedom fighter depicted by Mel Gibson in Braveheart was a handsome man."

But then apparently lots of English people thought Florida was in California when asked to point it out on a map...

I believe it is the responsibility of all on here to educate THE MAN so he becomes fully conversant with the British way of life.

Taking the above for example everyone knows that a haggis is two legged with one leg shorter than the other enabling it to run around the sides of steep hills and mountains and the way to catch them is to scare them into trying to run the other way round thereby losing balance and tumbling to the bottom.

So people anything else he needs to know apart from don't tell a female she has a nice fanny, you might get away with its meaning in the USA but its liable to get you a kick between the legs over here. :bigcry:
95% of all Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... the other 5% made it home.
bezzer
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Re: We could have problems with Demon....

Postby Demontat » Fri Nov 28, 2003 12:27 am

bezzer wrote:..

don't tell a female she has a nice fanny

Would they prefer that I refer to it as a nice camel-toe? :wink)
Trespass sweet the urge, give me my sin again.

Demontat
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Fri Nov 28, 2003 2:11 pm

So is a fanny bag anything like a doggy bag :? Mind you, you don't get dogs in a doggy bag anyway do you :? :? :P And you don't get beans in a bean bag :? I'm fookin glad I got balls in my ball bag though :D
TazCBR1100XX

Postby Grippy » Fri Nov 28, 2003 4:01 pm

lol lol lol
Never break the speed limit - set your own and adjust upwards if necessary
Grippy
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby Shuggie » Fri Nov 28, 2003 8:20 pm

And according to the Daily Record Bez

" a quarter of those quizzed claimed to be descended from Bonnie Prince Charlie "

:banghead) :banghead) :D

Not a slur on you Demon, we all know you're a straight up dude!.
and I'll bring the haggis for the Ixxra bash if you can make it :wink) )
Never take life seriously....
Nobody makes it out alive anyway!!
Shuggie
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Return to The Whippit Inn