Double Bubble Screen

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Double Bubble Screen

Postby peterabbit » Sun Nov 30, 2003 11:14 pm

Can anybody out there HELP me with information on the Double bubble screen. I did read that these are better, stopping the wind hitting the top of your head. I have picked up my second/hand Blackbird 1997 with 16,000 miles on the clock, so i am a new coming. I would be most grateful for any help, as to where to buy one if this is better.
Cheers Peter.
peterabbit
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby numb bits » Sun Nov 30, 2003 11:18 pm

Welcome mate go on to xx factor discounts forum and have a look there plus you will get discount for being a member hope this helps. :)
numb bits

Postby bezzer » Sun Nov 30, 2003 11:28 pm

It all depends on how tall you are and more importantly your riding position. The double bubble does throw the air up higher but if the standard screen gets you in the chest now a double bubble will get you in the head causing more noise and turbulence. Add that to the fact that the aftermarket screens are all slightly different and then you have the higher Givi and the flip type and you can spend a fortune trying to find the right screen for you. If its getting you in the head now a double bubble may throw it over.
Its the wrong time of the year now but your best bet is to meet other members and try their bikes with different screens.
I've had a Powerbronze and an MRA double bubble but keep coming back to the standard screen which I've found is better at higher speeds and less noisy round the head, the wind pressure on the chest helps with comfort as well taking the load off your arms/wrists. I don't think you can really compare heights either to try and find the right one, same height people can have longer bodies/shorter legs and vice versa. :roll)
95% of all Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... the other 5% made it home.
bezzer
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby jonah » Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:16 am

I HAVE FITTED A NUVO D/BUBBLE SCREEN WHAT A DIFFERENCE THE WIND GOES STRAIGHT OVER MY HEAD AT ALL SPEEDS AND I AM 6FT 1" YOU EVEN FEEL THE DIFFERENCE AT LOW SPEEDS,AND WHATS MORE IT FITS PERFECT HOPE THIS HELPS
jonah
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Return to The Whippit Inn