Home-made Carb Tune

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Home-made Carb Tune

Postby BirdAddict » Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:55 am

This is a vacume guage for 2 cyclinders.
For those of you who may have a twin cyclinder still lying around.
If this is any use this post could be moved to it's correct location by the crew.

http://www.airheads.org/index.php?Technical%20Tips+%244%20Carburetor%20Synchronizer

I found it while browsing the net and think it may be useful.
Image …Ride carefully. It's not only bikes that can be recalled by their maker.
BirdAddict
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby bezzer » Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:24 pm

Nice 8) I've seen similar homemade ones in the past, they do work well and do the job, shame we mostly have 4 cylinder bikes and have to pay around £50 for a Morgan Carbtune or similar.
95% of all Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... the other 5% made it home.
bezzer
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Chrixx » Wed Dec 03, 2003 7:21 am

I bought a Morgan (4 Cyl) CarbTune in mid 1985, at about 29 quid. It is the old mercury type. It's good for twins and triples as well but no good on my 1926 Ariel 550 single and I can't think why. Um Er :roll)
It is still a perfect working tool but the mercury has oxydised a little on the measuring surfaces causing the plastic tubes to become just slightly cloudy on the inside.
A little job for the long winter evenings to carefully clean it out the tubes and filter the mercury. (I have some spare in a plastic bottle).
** Too young to be a Sugar Daddy - - - Too old to be a Toy Boy**
Chrixx
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Return to The Whippit Inn