Techiebod wanted.....

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:52 pm

Fookin grinder - the only grinder I have is my :knob) Rob :D I'll borrow our lasses nail file and see how that goes :mrgreen:

The book don't say it's a left hand thread Mark - but I'll check if I get some bloody daylight to work in :roll)
TazCBR1100XX

Postby numb bits » Tue Dec 30, 2003 6:13 pm

Taz iv'e got an angle grinder that would kill the humber bride in a week,lol if need be this will sort out your little dilema :twisted)
numb bits

Postby bezzer » Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:50 pm

If you've got no thread showing to tell if it's left or right hand then rule of thumb is if there is no locking tabs etc and gear shaft turns clockwise in normal use it will have right hand thread, anti-clockwise probably left hand. You can try going left anyway as even if its right hand you can break the bond going a little bit tighter first.
95% of all Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... the other 5% made it home.
bezzer
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:32 pm

Yee haaa - fookin ped sorted today at long last. Mar xx - many thanks for the tool dude - it really did the trick :clap: I was going to de-restrict the fooker while I had the variator off, but when I took it off, the restricter plate has already been removed - along with one of the fookin rollers, and three more were the wrong fookin way round and have begun to flatten off a bit - need new rollers, but the pup went for a blast and says it's fookin quick - he'll know how quick when he gets a new speedo cable on Monday.

Thank xx for all yer help and advice folks :
TazCBR1100XX

Postby BirdAddict » Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:37 pm

How long before the ped is in for repairs again ??? I'll give it 3 weeks
Image …Ride carefully. It's not only bikes that can be recalled by their maker.
BirdAddict
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Marxx » Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:40 pm

No probs matey, Glad to help :wink)
Now about this ped being "quick" :banghead) Is he sure???? in comparison to what. :bigcry: Have you not taken him on the back of your xx :D
It's not the speed that kill's it's the sudden stop!!
Marxx
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:52 am

He's been glued to my pillion seat since I bought the Bird and he loves it when it hits 150+, so he does know what quick feels like :twisted) I think he was referring to the fact that his ped is quicker than his BMX :mrgreen:

BA - 3 weeks would be pushing it a bit, I'll give it to the end of the week :P
TazCBR1100XX

Postby BirdAddict » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:41 am

Oh the joys of having youngsters... I got a lucky escape there.
Image …Ride carefully. It's not only bikes that can be recalled by their maker.
BirdAddict
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Previous

Return to The Whippit Inn