power commander

The place for general posts and queries. Jump in - grab a beer and chill out with your buddies!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

power commander

Postby Badger » Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:47 pm

hi every body
i am suffering from an alcohol attack , but i was wondering if anybody had fitted a power commander to there bike and if it made any differance(sorry about the spelling
,i want to fit an achropovic pipe and a power commander to kick some serious ass, what do you guys think
Back and Ready to Ride
Badger
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby bezzer » Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:59 pm

Kinnell Dave, is this a mid life crisis but you aint 50 yet, you want more power? then go for it dude, an Akropovic full system and PC should add a few HP.
Least you're going the right way about it, our vet was 50 last year, never ridden a bike before, took direct access, got an earring, grew a goatee and then... you've guessed it decided to live the "dream" and bought a top of the range Hardley Ableson FFS "cuz they're the best bike". :roll)
Then took an advanced riding course this year, for a Hardley :| must have been how to teach them to take one hand off the fookin handlebars without fear of them losing control or how to look mean at 40 mph :mrgreen:
95% of all Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... the other 5% made it home.
bezzer
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Badger » Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:09 pm

cheers bez , i was a bit pi**ed last night when i started this thread but i will be getting the "povick" system in the not too distant future (though i think i have to lose the center stand ,bugger) that adds about 7-10 bhp and the auto thingy on the FI should sort that out ,
the power commander is the big issue will it do anything and do i risk fookin the engine up .

and it probably is age related 8)
Back and Ready to Ride
Badger
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Bristle Hound » Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:29 pm

Badger wrote:it probably is age related

I assume we're talking about the grey hair here Badger ? :wink) lol
Bristle Hound
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby BirdAddict » Sat Dec 13, 2003 3:08 pm

I have a friend (yes I do believe it or not) who uses a power comander on a cbr600 for track days and he swears by it. He has had no probs with the tuning of the bike and he also uses it for a daily commute.
Should this be the same on a Blackie I couldn't say... No sense in me making this post then was it ? Fookin great help I am... :oops)
Image …Ride carefully. It's not only bikes that can be recalled by their maker.
BirdAddict
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby bezzer » Sun Dec 14, 2003 12:56 am

You're going to need some dyno time to set the Power Commander up to get the optimum map for your new exhaust. It just enables you to override the ECU to change the settings to whatever you want to compliment whatever changes you've made.
95% of all Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... the other 5% made it home.
bezzer
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Sun Dec 14, 2003 5:42 pm

I think it's a total waste of fookin money :roll) WTF is wrong with the stock model :? If it ain't powerful enough for ya, sell it and buy summat that is :mrgreen: I'll let ya have a ride on my Sexy Silver one some day and then you'll realise you don't need a fookin Power Commander and a fooking Krapybitch :D
TazCBR1100XX

Return to The Whippit Inn