Tyres 2020

If your wondering what tyres to use or how long they last, or what type of brake pads to use etc. etc. then this is the place to look.

Moderators: MaXX2, jack

Tyres 2020

Postby uktotty » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:40 pm

Can't see any recent posts about tyres and many of them are discontinued.
So what would you recommend for my 2000 Model with 23k on the clock?
uktotty
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Re: Tyres 2020

Postby Gruf » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:35 pm

Was just wondering the same myself, I have ran on BT021 and have not done much mileage in the last 8 years, now I need to replace the front tyre.
I have an 02 blackbird and put over 100000 miles on it before 2012 using these tyres which have been brilliant with loads of grip and feedback especially on the front.
I am wondering what is bridgestones direct replacement?
Gruf
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby uktotty » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:54 am

It's really quiet in here :O
I eventually went for Michelin Pilot Road 4 Motorcycle Tyre Package from Deon Tweaks with a discount as a package.

SKU: MBT017/1805517PILOTROAD4/AKN
uktotty
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:48 am

Ey up Gruff.....been a long time mate. How are you?
Hi UK Totty. Yes it is quiet...…...lots of factors...fekkin Facebook for the instant soundbite/gratification high....lots of us are guilty of that. Then theres the no longer Blackbird owners that have move on to high tech, highly expensive , unmaintainable modern bikes and finally the tablet/laptop, which over the years has killed the forums for me. I fekkin hate tablets and laptops with fekkin touchscreens but now I have seen the light. Today, I finally got set up with a proper tower poota, mouse and keyboard.....soooooo much easier to write bollox.

As for tyres….well, that a well trodden path isn't it. Bridgestones, Avons, Michelins and cheap and nasty Maxxis, which cough cough...I got at £89.99 for a pair from M&P. They are on my Pink Bird and cant fault them, although it must be said I am no riding God. On my Titanium (Khaki Duncan ya bastid) Bird I have always used Avons, from Azaros then Storms and now the Avon 3DXM, which have now been superceded by expensive Avons I cannot remember the name of. The 3DXMs are very good and do give you that extra mileage at a very good price if you see them about.

That's my 2 pennorth on the bloody subject.

Anyone else? :ride)

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Sircular » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:55 am

Couple months back, got a pair of Metzler Roadtec 01's, to replace some Pirelli angel GT's (pretty good tyres)
Only three words :- A maze ing.
Got em from "Sportsbikeshop" £200.00 the pair delivered. (paid about the same for the pirelli's)
Regards Len.
Sircular
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby Sircular » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:06 am

Try "Oponeo tyres" or anywhere online.
Much cheaper than your local dealers.
Also, take into account, the cost of fitting and disposal of your tyres.
My friendly neighborhood tyre fitter charges £10.00 per wheel. (Fitted & balanced) Which still works out cheaper than getting them from your local dealers.
Sircular
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby Gruf » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:21 pm

Hiya Tim,

Just getting back into riding my bird :ride) :ride) after a few years of not many miles. Going to make up for it this year :)
Gruf
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Return to Consumables