motad downpipes update

If your wondering what tyres to use or how long they last, or what type of brake pads to use etc. etc. then this is the place to look.

Moderators: MaXX2, jack

motad downpipes update

Postby whiskey river » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:12 pm

got the pipes on wednesday morning by dhl as promised :) due to the (unusual) rain in cumbria did'nt get to fit them until saturday afternoon , perfect fit , took me about 90 minutes including coffee break , you also get 2 new gaskets for the link pipes , normal power has been resumed , i can definatley recommend these downpipes , it took me nearly 2 hours to stop dribbling when theey arrived , anyway thats it for now :ride)
whiskey river
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Re: motad downpipes update

Postby blackyb » Sat May 21, 2011 12:04 am

Just had my bike in for service and MOT and was told that I needed to replace my original downpipes on my 13 year old bird, thought they were blowing a bit anyway.

I was told by my local dealer that motad pipes were a straight forward replacement and easy fit.

Not impressed, they sit lower and catch our local speed humps, and they have had to trim the bottom edge of the fairings as they touched.

Anyone else had the same problem with MOTAD pipes :banghead)
blackyb
Annodised Alloy Member
Annodised Alloy Member

Postby xxstatic » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:20 pm

im sorry to hear that blackyb my downpipes need replacing and i was going to go with motad but maybe ill wait a while ive temporarily repaired the collectr box with gum gum seems to have worked anyone out there bought other downpipes than motad and also anyone had michelin pilot 3s fitted yet and are they tidy am currently running bridgestone bt023 front/rear getting about 3.5k out of a rear 6k front :
xxstatic
Annodised Alloy Member
Annodised Alloy Member

Postby Tigger » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:59 am

blackyb wrote:Just had my bike in for service and MOT and was told that I needed to replace my original downpipes on my 13 year old bird, thought they were blowing a bit anyway.

I was told by my local dealer that motad pipes were a straight forward replacement and easy fit.

Not impressed, they sit lower and catch our local speed humps, and they have had to trim the bottom edge of the fairings as they touched.

Anyone else had the same problem with MOTAD pipes :banghead)

Yes, on my crashed bird, also had to trim the fairing, left it untrimmed and pipes burned the trim, so trimmed it back. Also touched down on a few twisties, so i guess they hung lower, but only scuffed the road, not a big deal for me as never rode 2 up then. :-?

My boing is back .... :P
devil
Tigger
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby xxstatic » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:48 am

sandy bike spares are supposedly good still think ill wait until my downpipes finally give up
xxstatic
Annodised Alloy Member
Annodised Alloy Member

Postby Lee337 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:45 pm

Anyone used or got feedback re the ones sold by Sandy Bike Spaes?
If you have a particular faith or religion, that is good. But you can survive without it.
Dalai Lama

Lee337
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Return to Consumables