brake pads

If your wondering what tyres to use or how long they last, or what type of brake pads to use etc. etc. then this is the place to look.

Moderators: MaXX2, jack

brake pads

Postby aj » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:07 pm

today i had fitted new rear brake pads.. :P

first time for me i had the EBC new formula alloy double H pads installed... :roll)

went out for a blast to bed them in and can honestly say they do what it says on the packet... 8)
the difference is notable ...quicker/better stopping power and no noticeable fade. :thumbsup)

worth checking out when you need to change yours. :rockon)

regards :)
aj

http://www.ebcbrakes.com/motorcycle_bra ... ndex.shtml

remember... i know nuffin about everything so don't believe a word i say
aj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: brake pads

Postby Simmo » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:22 pm

Just fitted some myself, got them from Jaws (great service as usual) just waiting for a chance to bed them in :thumbsup) :thumbsup)

simmo
Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten
Simmo
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Oldbull » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:32 pm

Just remember that the initial bite in the wet is shite so brake a little early..

stops scaring you after you get used to it ... not good in wet emergencies :-?

I use standard pads in rear and double H in front just so I have at least 'some' initial bite in the wet :)

:ride)
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby MaXX2 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:35 am

Oldbull wrote:Just remember that the initial bite in the wet is shite so brake a little early..

stops scaring you after you get used to it ... not good in wet emergencies :-?

I use standard pads in rear and double H in front just so I have at least 'some' initial bite in the wet :)

:ride)

Each to their own, but I switched to SBS pads Dave. Just as good as EBC in the dry (then again, so is just about every other pad in the dry!) and 20 times better in the wet :wink) This (I think), is because they have 4 seperate contact pads per plate thereby assisting with water drainage off the disc and perhaps maintaining a higher air flow during use (as per Honda's original design in fact) to prevent fading, rather than 2 contact pads per disc which spend the first few seconds aquaplaning across the disc surface, until enough heat is built up to evaporate the water on the disc. The SBS don't last as long, but they're cheaper and far less hard on the discs, so they work out about the same pound for pound anyway.

Tried 5 different pads over the years and EBC are 4th (Armstrong 5th [came free with my waveys], Ferodo 3rd, OEM 2nd) purely because I found them crap (dare I say lethal) in the rain. There's nothing like wombling down a nice, narrow, slick Yorks Dales hill in the rain- applying the brakes and -----nothing happening!

I called it the "The EBC enema" to Kay lol lol
Eliminate the impossible. Whatever remains, however improbable, must be the part you forgot to service.
MaXX2
Site Admin

Postby aj » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:24 am

MaXX2 wrote: This (I think), is because they have 4 seperate contact pads per plate thereby assisting with water drainage off the disc and perhaps maintaining a higher air flow during use (as per Honda's original design in fact) to prevent fading, rather than 2 contact pads per disc l

nothing like are these waxxie.... i big pad with big foookoffwatter holes in them... lol

regards :thumbsup)
aj

remember... i know nuffin about everything so don't believe a word i say
aj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby MaXX2 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:10 pm

aj wrote:
MaXX2 wrote: This (I think), is because they have 4 seperate contact pads per plate thereby assisting with water drainage off the disc and perhaps maintaining a higher air flow during use (as per Honda's original design in fact) to prevent fading, rather than 2 contact pads per disc l

nothing like are these waxxie.... i big pad with big foookoffwatter holes in them... lol

regards :thumbsup)
aj

They finally sprang into action then :mrgreen:
Eliminate the impossible. Whatever remains, however improbable, must be the part you forgot to service.
MaXX2
Site Admin

Return to Consumables