Front Forks upgrade

If your wondering what tyres to use or how long they last, or what type of brake pads to use etc. etc. then this is the place to look.

Moderators: MaXX2, jack

Front Forks upgrade

Postby Chrisevans41 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:38 pm

Well, after 7 years the old xx was developing saggy bits (I said bits) on the front end. I have researched many of the progressive spring fixes and as I have a Yacugar rear shock (no business connection at all) I chucked a new set of progressive Yacugar front springs (to match) in whilst giving the forks the annual service with seals, bushes and this time new copper washers on the bottom fork bolts just to be safe, Oil is 7.5w due to alleged overdamping WITH 10w so will have to see how this goes. Oh, and like a few other members I have now positioned the throttle cables the right side of the RH fork tube. :dunce)
The ride is now much more 'planted and firm in corners, braking etc. The general feel over our fcukcing bumpy post winter roads is alot smoother. Got them from HPS and free oil too.

Anyone want any further info you only have to ask.

:) :smile: :thumbsup)
STAY ON STAY SAFE
Chrisevans41
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Re: Front Forks upgrade

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:34 pm

Chrisevans41 wrote:Well, after 7 years the old xx was developing saggy bits (I said bits) on the front end. I have researched many of the progressive spring fixes and as I have a Yacugar rear shock (no business connection at all) I chucked a new set of progressive Yacugar front springs (to match) in whilst giving the forks the annual service with seals, bushes and this time new copper washers on the bottom fork bolts just to be safe, Oil is 7.5w due to alleged overdamping WITH 10w so will have to see how this goes. Oh, and like a few other members I have now positioned the throttle cables the right side of the RH fork tube. :dunce)
The ride is now much more 'planted and firm in corners, braking etc. The general feel over our fcukcing bumpy post winter roads is alot smoother. Got them from HPS and free oil too.

Nice one Chris. You got a link for us ?

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Mister Majestik » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:05 am

chris

what model shock have you bought?

what adjustments does it have?

the biggie - how much did it cost?

cheers steve
Mister Majestik
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Chrisevans41 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:10 pm

ramo wrote:chris

what model shock have you bought?

what adjustments does it have?

the biggie - how much did it cost?

cheers steve

I went for the ERS shock with rebound damping (42 clicks) and an adjustable hydrailic preload for carrying passengers with no major handling changes. I have been extremely pleased with it so far as it's so much smoother. It was £518 WITH £100 Pounds refund on a part ex. £418 Which aint too bad for the increase in ride comfort, confidence and stability. Sorry been so long but been very busy getting new job. :thumbsup) :thumbsup)
STAY ON STAY SAFE
Chrisevans41
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby Chrisevans41 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:12 pm

T.Murphy wrote:
Chrisevans41 wrote:Well, after 7 years the old xx was developing saggy bits (I said bits) on the front end. I have researched many of the progressive spring fixes and as I have a Yacugar rear shock (no business connection at all) I chucked a new set of progressive Yacugar front springs (to match) in whilst giving the forks the annual service with seals, bushes and this time new copper washers on the bottom fork bolts just to be safe, Oil is 7.5w due to alleged overdamping WITH 10w so will have to see how this goes. Oh, and like a few other members I have now positioned the throttle cables the right side of the RH fork tube. :dunce)

Try this for their web site

http://www.yacugar.com/products/shocks- ... tions.html

I have counselled mi sen for taking sooooo long to reply :) :thumbsup) :)
STAY ON STAY SAFE
Chrisevans41
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:28 pm

Chrisevans41 wrote:
T.Murphy wrote:

Try this for their web site

http://www.yacugar.com/products/shocks- ... tions.html

I have counselled mi sen for taking sooooo long to reply :) :thumbsup) :)

LOL, ya not jokin'. I forgot what this thread's about now :wink)

Cheers Chris and with that price it looks a very good deal. :thumbsup)

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Return to Consumables