Helmet

If your wondering what tyres to use or how long they last, or what type of brake pads to use etc. etc. then this is the place to look.

Moderators: MaXX2, jack

Re: Helmet

Postby MaXX2 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:22 pm

Akuji wrote:
MaXX2 wrote:
aj wrote:
ramo wrote:know what ya mean Dave,

why would one spend more money on lid thats aready in 2 pieces,

when you can buy a proper full face motorcycle helmet for less ? duh

fookin gimmicks eh :rolleyes:

flip up essential if you wear glasses... lol

regards
aj :roll)

:-? This is probably a piss take question, but what the hell... If you want to eat/drink on a pissy day without taking your lid off and getting the inside wet... or buying petrol at certain places... or sorting passports in France/Spain/Europort... or asking for directions/chatting with folks at the roadside... or talking with the rider next to you at traffic lights (or anywhere else)... ventilation for a few minutes in towns/villages on hot summer days...

Truth is, why would anybody waste money on a full face helmet, when for an extra couple of quid, they can have one that's both :-?

Probably the same reason they buy helmets and then leave them sat on a shelf cos they don't ride anywhere screwy :wink)

No idea. I don't pretend I know how much other people ride their bikes, I just answer questions they ask about helmets :mrgreen:
Eliminate the impossible. Whatever remains, however improbable, must be the part you forgot to service.
MaXX2
Site Admin

Postby Oldbull » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:09 pm

Not a pish take question Mick, 40 fags a day men invented them didnt they..

all I can say is they must have come on a very long way since I last tried one or two on..
butt ...so have the full face ones and the extra lightness and comfort factors still by far out way the flips for me ... :thumbsup)
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Mister Majestik » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:43 pm

AJ

why is it a must if you wear specs?

I wear sun glasses with my full farce, most modern helmets have cut outs or have removable section of pad for ease of use with glasses,

I have always wore them with no alters to the helmet, no probs,

nice to see you awake Mick

MaXX2 wrote::-? This is probably a piss take question
:clap:
Mister Majestik
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:09 pm

Maxx2 has got it bang on the money for me :thumbsup)

In addition, the full face is a bit claustrophobic for me particularly on a long ride. When ya in bimble mode with the flip up, its nice to feel the wind in ya chops/"hair" so to speak. Also, for a stiff auld git like me, with the flip up, particularly in built up areas and or busy traffic my peripheral vision is enhanced, speshally looking back over my shoulders.

Mind you, for an experienced motorcyclist it's a pretty fekkin naive question anyrode if you ask me. A flipup is the furthest away you can get from an enclosed "cage" no matter how small it may be.

Each to their own thougheh :ride)

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby MaXX2 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:06 am

Downloaded from Shoei. Hope it helps :thumbsup)

*******SHOEI HELMETS- URGENT SAFETY WARNING********

Motorcyclists with delicate skin and a weak neck should purchase our silk lined, goose down padded helmets specifically from our newly designed 'Cup Cake' helmet range. Especially designed for the more genteel motorcyclist, with a medical history of skin problems or a weak back/neck.

Shoei do not and will not accept liability for sore cheeks or unfortunate rashes caused by crying, broken necks, tweaked muscles (of the icky wicky type), pulled or sprained muscles (clinically identifiable by the inability to move sufficiently to try a new dress on), shattered vertebra or other explosive bony or soft tissue injury to the cervical or thoracic regions of the spinal column or any riders head falling off caused by the added weight of a £2 coin, in any helmet in our range. As a matter of safety, we would urge all motorcyclists in need of our Cup Cake Viper or Cup Kinnardbastid II helmets, to ensure that they limit the horse power and performance to the lowest possible level, thereby avoiding catastrophic spinal injury caused by mild acceleration or wind speed in excess of 40mph. This warning does not effect your statutory rights in the country of purchase

Cheers Steve :mrgreen: Still lurking periodically pal :thumbsup)
Eliminate the impossible. Whatever remains, however improbable, must be the part you forgot to service.
MaXX2
Site Admin

Postby Oldbull » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:24 pm

T.Murphy wrote:Maxx2 has got it bang on the money for me :thumbsup)

In addition, the full face is a bit claustrophobic for me particularly on a long ride. When ya in bimble mode with the flip up, its nice to feel the wind in ya chops/"hair" so to speak. Also, for a stiff auld git like me, with the flip up, particularly in built up areas and or busy traffic my peripheral vision is enhanced, speshally looking back over my shoulders.

Mind you, for an experienced motorcyclist it's a pretty fekkin naive question anyrode if you ask me. A flipup is the furthest away you can get from an enclosed "cage" no matter how small it may be.

Experienced yes, very... but not in a flip up ... hence the ''fekkin naive question''

I can actually see where ya coming from tho so I will try the new shoei flip before I buy .. does it bother the mic on the sena
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Akuji » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:29 pm

Oldbull wrote:

Experienced yes, very... but not in a flip up ... hence the ''fekkin naive question''

I can actually see where ya coming from tho so I will try the new shoei flip before I buy .. does it bother the mic on the sena

I'll let you know after the weekend :thumbsup)
I've Got Mad Cow, What's Your Excuse??......Denny Crane
Akuji
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby MaXX2 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:56 pm

Oldbull wrote:

If it helps, I can vouch for mic being good up to 40mph with the front up and 80 with the it down Dave. Phone calls are clear anyway. Obviously though, this is predicated by the use of the proper 'boom' mic, being set to face the right way :thumbsup)
MaXX2
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Consumables