Tyres

If your wondering what tyres to use or how long they last, or what type of brake pads to use etc. etc. then this is the place to look.

Moderators: MaXX2, jack

Tyres

Postby barsteward » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:58 am

Would you or do you mix tyre brands on your bike?
barsteward
Q.O.T.W. Moderator
Q.O.T.W. Moderator

Location: Ex of Rainy Todmorden Where???? now just as rainy Walsden

Re: Tyres

Postby Akuji » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:37 pm

I know a Scotsman that does screwy
I've Got Mad Cow, What's Your Excuse??......Denny Crane
Akuji
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Tazcbr1100xx » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:29 am

At the moment I've got Bridgestones on my winter wheels back n front, and Michelins on my summer wheels back n front. But as the Michelin rear is wearing a bit thin I just bought a new Bridgestone to go on the back - all I need now is summer so I can take the bloody winter wheels off :rolleyes: But there will be a Michelin front and Bridgestone rear - I'll let you know how it goes Lesbo :getthis)
Sorted!
Tazcbr1100xx
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby barsteward » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:16 am

Cheers Taz, just ordered two new Avons for the same price as one rear Michelin. I've always changed both tyres together but will have to have a re think as throwing the front away when it still has plenty of life is not now an option.
Why is it that one single tyre is soooo much more expensive than when buying a pair?
barsteward
Q.O.T.W. Moderator
Q.O.T.W. Moderator

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:14 am

barsteward wrote:Cheers Taz, just ordered two new Avons for the same price as one rear Michelin. I've always changed both tyres together but will have to have a re think as throwing the front away when it still has plenty of life is not now an option.
Why is it that one single tyre is soooo much more expensive than when buying a pair?

You right in the head changing both tyres together.? Normal people get two rears to one front generally. :roll)

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby barsteward » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:29 pm

Whenever I come to change the tyres it appears that whatever make I have at the time the rears have doubled in price. Cheapest road pilot I could find £116 didn't pay much more than that for the pair originally. So decided the best value for money was the new Avon Storm Ultra at £148
barsteward
Q.O.T.W. Moderator
Q.O.T.W. Moderator

Postby Akuji » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:09 pm

T.Murphy wrote:
barsteward wrote:Cheers Taz, just ordered two new Avons for the same price as one rear Michelin. I've always changed both tyres together but will have to have a re think as throwing the front away when it still has plenty of life is not now an option.

You right in the head changing both tyres together.? Normal people get two rears to one front generally. :roll)

it's patently obvious that stoolie is far far from normal :thumbsup)
I've Got Mad Cow, What's Your Excuse??......Denny Crane
Akuji
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:14 pm

barsteward wrote:Whenever I come to change the tyres it appears that whatever make I have at the time the rears have doubled in price. Cheapest road pilot I could find £116 didn't pay much more than that for the pair originally. So decided the best value for money was the new Avon Storm Ultra at £148

I don't follow what you're saying. Do you buy a pair and not fit the rear until required? :-? Please stop, you are confusing me.

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby aj » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:02 am

barsteward wrote:Whenever I come to change the tyres it appears that whatever make I have at the time the rears have doubled in price. Cheapest road pilot I could find £116 didn't pay much more than that for the pair originally. So decided the best value for money was the new Avon Storm Ultra at £148

good tyres stoolie....3D's even better.... :thumbsup)

regards
aj :wink)

remember... i know nuffin about everything so don't believe a word i say
aj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Oldbull » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:03 pm

aj wrote:

good tyres stoolie....3D's even better.... :thumbsup)

regards
aj :wink)

Good Tyres AJ... 3Ds XM even better ... :thumbsup)
Oldbull
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Tazcbr1100xx » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:55 pm

screwy

After one attempt at Avons witt the rear blowing out after only 48 miles, I'll never buy Avon again, and I'll also never follow the advice of anyone on here lol

I paid £88 for a Bridgestone rear - that's about 20 quid less than the one I bought a couple of years ago before I tried the Michelins :D

So, the Michelin is on the front, and a new Bridgestone is on the rear wheel - I just have to put the rear wheel in the rear of the XX and then I can test to see how they get along together :rockon) Problem is - I'm in bloody Bangalore :oops)

But, like someone said some time ago - different people like different characteristics of a tyre, and buy what they feel most suited to :thumbsup) Michelins and Bridgestones are my choices, but Bridgestone has the edge on the Michelins for longevity :ride)
Sorted!
Tazcbr1100xx
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Return to Consumables