Tyres

If your wondering what tyres to use or how long they last, or what type of brake pads to use etc. etc. then this is the place to look.

Moderators: MaXX2, jack

Postby MikeOK » Sat Apr 17, 2004 5:56 pm

Hello, I'm new to the forum. I'm giving thought to buying a CBR.

Several of you have said you are getting excellent milage, what do you consider "excellent milage"?
MikeOK
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:50 pm

MikeOK wrote:I'm giving thought to buying a CBR

A CBR wot :? You're talking of getting an xx I presume as yer on an xx site 8) I've never been recorded as saying my xx gives xx cellent mileage but if we're talking tyres here I get about 10k front and about 6k rear, but the last 2k are a bit peculiar as they are generally done when the rear is beginning to square off :P I have got more mileage out of the 020 that I did out of the original Dunlops which only gave about 8k front and 4k rear before I was beyond wear indicators :cry) Is that xx cellent enough for you :?

By the way, I do ride my xx quite roughly as I believe in giving the old girl lots of poke :mrgreen:
TazCBR1100XX

Postby MikeOK » Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:06 pm

You brits crack me up hehe.

I know this seems like a silly ?, but how about fuel milage?

Oh yah, don't you brits use miles and gallons instead of k's and liters?

:mrgreen:
MikeOK
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby BirdAddict » Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:44 pm

Must be around 13 km / Lt. :?
Image …Ride carefully. It's not only bikes that can be recalled by their maker.
BirdAddict
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby MikeOK » Sat Apr 17, 2004 10:50 pm

That works out to approx 30 MPG, I read somewhere that it averages 39 MPG. I figured that was high, but I wanted to use mine to commute to work a few months out of the year to save a little cash on fuel. If 30 MPG is right I won't be saving much, some cars get that good. Thanks anyway...
MikeOK
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby bezzer » Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:22 pm

BirdAddict wrote:Must be around 13 km / Lt. :?

err thats around 58 mpg :P BA you WUSS :roll) , I reckon on 8km/ltr or around 35mpg when I fill up
95% of all Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... the other 5% made it home.
bezzer
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby MikeOK » Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:01 am

Maybe it's differtent over there, but by my convert program:

1 gallon = 3.785412 liters,

13 km X 3.785412 = 49.2 km Per Gallon,

49.2 km = 30.57146 Miles.

So, 13 KPL = 30.57146 MPG

???
MikeOK
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby Scruffygit » Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:06 am

Thats the conversion for one of your colonial gallons. The proper, original ones we use are equal to 4.54 litre, so

13Km x 4.54 lt = 59.02 km/gal

59 km =36.7 mi

so

13 km/l = 36.7 mpg

Sounds a bit better, its about what I get cross-country playing although I can stretch it out to 45 mpg(imperial) cruising on the motorway at 90 ish.
Scruffygit
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby MikeOK » Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:13 am

Scruffygit wrote:Thats the conversion for one of your colonial gallons. The proper, original ones... snip

Proper, original ones heheha! It's all good, I just wanted to see if'n you brits still had a sense of humor :-)

By the way - to the original poster - sorry about hijacking your thread...

Who really cares about fuel milage anyway on one of these?? I do need some more stuff to help me convince my boss (aka wife) that I need one of these bikes, and maybe telling her that I'll save on gas will help :roll) . A friend of mine has an '00 CBR, I'm gonna go give it a spin this week to make sure it's what I want.
MikeOK
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby numb bits » Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:54 am

Dont forget you have to give it back when you have finished playing :P :D
numb bits

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:43 am

MikeOK wrote:I do need some more stuff to help me convince my boss (aka wife) that I need one of these bikes

So you just tell her that once she's been on the back of an xx her fanny won't stop quivering for a week - and that's a Brit fanny not a US fanny :mrgreen:
TazCBR1100XX

Re: Diablo tyres

Postby Crow » Thu May 20, 2004 12:37 pm

trigar wrote:I am about to have Diablo's fitted to my XX here in Canberra (Australia). The bike came stock with Michelin Macadam 90X - which suck especially the front. A few other XX owners have fitted Diablo's and rave about them. The problem here in canberra is the wide temperature range. Today it is 38 degrees (C) but in winter I regularly ride to work in temperatures below zero. The michelin's just never reach good temps unless it is the middle of summer. The Diablo's reach temp even in winter according to the guys I talked to.

xx 4VR

I hate the D205's that came on the bike. Good in the dry but damp or wet roads and they are slipping and sliding all over the place.

I had the Michelin Pilot Power(F)/Road(R) combo fitted to my VFR and this combo was excellent in the hot/cold/wet whatever. Top grip and very good wear. I'll be going back to this combo when the D205's are shot.

A mate of mine in Canberra has this combo fitted to his Bird and he loves them too.
Andrew
'04 CBR1100XX (Black)
Crow
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby MikeOK » Thu May 20, 2004 3:20 pm

By the way, I did buy a new XX guys. It's a sweet ride too...
MikeOK
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby Chuff » Sat May 22, 2004 8:29 pm

Bird specific 020's fitted 9am today :mrgreen:
Scrubbed in by 10am :)
Chicken lines reduced to not a lot by 11am :thumbsup)
140 miles on new rubber by 4pm :ride)

Thanks foor all advice, never had 020's before but will be having them again ! :notworthy)
Chuff

Postby frans » Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:52 am

Just fitted a 020 on the front, big improvement on the Dunlop 207. Will replace the BT56 with a 020 on the rear very soon. The front feels much lighter and more confident. Also replaced the wheelbearings just in case. :D :P
frans
Annodised Alloy Member
Annodised Alloy Member

Postby Simon S » Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:51 pm

Well i need tyres for mine and i want the bridgestone jobbies.
So how much will i have to pay for them then :?
Not willing to perform any kinky sexual acts to get them for nothing(unlike some on here) unless it's a female with big boobies and still breathing :)
Simon S
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Chuff » Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:55 pm

Simon S wrote:.......................... unless it's a female with big boobies and still breathing in which case i wouldn't have a chance anyway so looks like it will have to be cash :)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :thumbsup)
Chuff

Postby Simon S » Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:22 pm

chuff wrote:
Simon S wrote:.......................... unless it's a female with big boobies and still breathing in which case i wouldn't have a chance anyway so looks like it will have to be cash :)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :thumbsup)

You got that right Chuff :( :bigcry:
Simon S
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Captain » Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:33 pm

SS,
try Tyres-R-Us near Eastleigh, Hants. Jct 10 M3 - £186 ride in ride out.
When I can find it I'll re-post the address and telephone number.
Keep the black bits down, and the shiny bits up!

Captain@ixxra.co.uk
Captain
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Previous

Return to Consumables