screens

If your wondering what tyres to use or how long they last, or what type of brake pads to use etc. etc. then this is the place to look.

Moderators: MaXX2, jack

screens

Postby Greg 1953 » Fri May 13, 2005 2:59 pm

Can anyone recommend a double bubble screen ?
the ones I've seen so far don't seem to fit very well i.e. flush with the fairing as the original does.
Greg
Greg 1953
Annodised Alloy Member
Annodised Alloy Member

Postby Gizzit » Fri May 13, 2005 3:07 pm

MRA dude - they are VERY good........

http://www.blackbirdspares.co.uk/products/plastics.html
Can't catch me ................... Image
Gizzit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby 1137cc » Mon May 16, 2005 12:16 pm

Got mine from M & P even had the cbr1100xx logo on the bottom, fits and looks great, not as darker tint as some but i don't mind that. One thing to watch is that some cheaper after market screens don't have the painted section on the bottom and it shows the wiring behind the clocks.

And wasn't there something to do with melting dash clocks and aftermkt screens???

Iain
1137cc
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Onza » Mon May 16, 2005 5:46 pm

I tried the MRA which was a good fit to the cowl but its flexible nature meant it wasn't quite true to the eye and this bugged me. I swapped to the Fabbri but had to paint the bottom half with acrylic paint and then silicon seal the joint to the cowl to keep the weather out. Quite a bit of fuss but it seems worth it now. Maybe most people wouldn't bother but I can be a bit of a perfectionist at times. I've also seem some bike s with a brand I've not heard o before. Pugi of something like that. They look good as the bubble starts narrow at the front of the screen but flares out to the whole width by the time it reaches the top of the screen.
Onza
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby numb bits » Mon May 16, 2005 6:20 pm

Yes Onza, i have a puig on mine a touring screen though. :wink) prefer the wind off of my body which this doe's very well even at nearly three time's the national speed limit, on the track of course.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Price is the only downside, but you pay for quality!! :clap: :clap:
think demontweaks do them now not sure but will try to find out for you.. :wink)
numb bits

Return to Consumables