1" makes all the difference

Products and Services... Just bought a new accessory or product for your bike? Or bought new riding kit? Do you love it, think it's great? Or do you think it's poor, a complete waste of money and wish you never bought it? Or paid for a service, been ripped off and the job was not up to spec? Either way, share your experiences and write ups here! Feel free to name and shame if you so wish!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

1" makes all the difference

Postby ShedHead » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:32 am

Hi guys,
Just got back from Egypt 10 days ago missed you all so much I thought I'd leave it a while to make sure :D . Before I went away i bought some mirror extensions off Speedy. Didn't have a chance to try them until i got back but have done a weeks commuting round the M25 Rainham (essex) to Croydon each day :P and can report back that I am really pleased with the improvement to vision they make. Took about 10 minutes to fit after finding some long bolts to fix em on with. They don't look particularly out of place being black the colour God meant xx to be. I don't know if the blocks come in other colours for lesser bikes :D :D The rubber cover sits nicely on them and it all looks like it was meant to be. On the road I thought the 1" would not make much difference but it really is all you need. Even with a heavy winter coat on the visability is much improved. The mirrors are also brought up a touch which also goes to help. There is no vibration brought on by the mirrors being that much further out, they are as rock steady as the original fitting. In my umble opine they are well worth the investment if you find yourself one day getting bored looking at your elbows.
Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy
ShedHead
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Re: 1" makes all the difference

Postby Tim » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:44 pm

ShedHead wrote:Hi guys,
Just got back from Egypt 10 days ago missed you all so much I thought I'd leave it a while to make sure :D . Before I went away i bought some mirror extensions off Speedy. Didn't have a chance to try them until i got back but have done a weeks commuting round the M25 Rainham (essex) to Croydon each day :P and can report back that I am really pleased with the improvement to vision they make. Took about 10 minutes to fit after finding some long bolts to fix em on with. They don't look particularly out of place being black the colour God meant xx to be. I don't know if the blocks come in other colours for lesser bikes :D :D The rubber cover sits nicely on them and it all looks like it was meant to be. On the road I thought the 1" would not make much difference but it really is all you need. Even with a heavy winter coat on the visability is much improved. The mirrors are also brought up a touch which also goes to help. There is no vibration brought on by the mirrors being that much further out, they are as rock steady as the original fitting. In my umble opine they are well worth the investment if you find yourself one day getting bored looking at your elbows.

you're right there Shedhead....fitted mine last year and never looked back...err...well, errr you know what I mean !!!! :D :clap:
Tim
Site Admin

Postby REEFER » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:21 pm

sorry saw the title and thought it was an achoo post :oops)
Lifes too short to eat cheap food!
top tip..dont enter the blackwall tunnel with 3m headroom when driving 3.02 height!!!!!!
motor home build finished 15 months later!!

Image Image Image Image
REEFER
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Akuji » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:45 pm

REEFER wrote:sorry saw the title and thought it was an achoo post :oops)

and i thought it was your imaginary bird posting for the first time - oh well maybe soon :wink) :wink)
I've Got Mad Cow, What's Your Excuse??......Denny Crane
Akuji
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Return to And The Survey Said....