hagon fork springs

Products and Services... Just bought a new accessory or product for your bike? Or bought new riding kit? Do you love it, think it's great? Or do you think it's poor, a complete waste of money and wish you never bought it? Or paid for a service, been ripped off and the job was not up to spec? Either way, share your experiences and write ups here! Feel free to name and shame if you so wish!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

hagon fork springs

Postby buzzard » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:27 am

well i ve had them in for 6months of riding and i ve been on all types of road and track (by track i dont mean race )! and their ok.......... but tight A roads when cornering 90....100ish all you need is an uneven road surface to unsettle the xx ,not scarilybut enough to be annoying. I ve checked tyre pressures tightened head bearings ( thats a bit of a fud to do)! and sacraficed a small rodent in the name of allah and nothing just the same :( :bigcry: . so they ll stay there fr the rest of the season .then im hoping i can just undo fork tops in place take out crap springs and bung in better ones!!!! ps its been great weather up here and plenty of clear roads . none of you soft southerners been able to fight your way threw a few drops of rain to make it up here to the promised land?? howdy
i d rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy
buzzard
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby XXtremist » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:02 am

Hi buzzard,

Sounds as if there needs to be a little more preload. Were the Hagon springs the same length as the OEs?

I have been v pleased with the Hyperpro progressives. They were an inch longer than the originals, effectively increasing the preload. As I'm only 68 kg, have wondered if I can get away with a little less, to soften front a little. Got some spare spacers to shorten a little, but not had time to do it yet.

You'll know from the Russ fae fyvie thread that I did get to sample your magnificent part of the world in the cage. Was so blown away with its beauty and roads, that I resolved to return by bike. If we get a nice early October....

Chris
XXtremist
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby buzzard » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:11 pm

top man thats the spirit :D . you reckon if i add a couple of say 2 inch spacers for instance , with the extra preload it ll stiffen everything up :-?
buzzard
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby REEFER » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:30 pm

waste of time dude!
had them on mine..tried everything from adding preload to changing oil weight..had the tops off the forks more times than a ..err a than thing over about 3 weeks..took the bike into hagons workshop and they admitted they were not suitable..bought a set of hyperpro..PUCKER :)
binned the hagons and had sleepless nights over the money i "forked" out for them
REEFER
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Tim » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:38 pm

REEFER wrote:waste of time dude!
had them on mine..tried everything from adding preload to changing oil weight..had the tops off the forks more times than a ..err a than thing over about 3 weeks..took the bike into hagons workshop and they admitted they were not suitable..bought a set of hyperpro..PUCKER :)
binned the hagons and had sleepless nights over the money i "forked" out for them

Wher d'you dig this one up from Si?.....but ya have to admit....you're a bit heavier than Buzzaed...I dunno how heavy buzzard is but he works in a small boat... 8)
Tim
Site Admin

Re: hagon fork springs

Postby Poacher » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:55 am

buzzard wrote:........ to make it up here to the promised land??

Be there last week of may, cant wait.

:mrgreen:
'The Poacher'
Poacher
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby buzzard » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:50 pm

really ???? you ll have to post before you leave and we ll see if we can meet up :D
buzzard
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby Tim » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:07 pm

buzzard wrote:really ???? you ll have to post before you leave and we ll see if we can meet up :D

Oi...where you been?.....how's your leg?....how ya doing?........soon be Big Riding Season..... :wink) :mrgreen:
Tim
Site Admin

Postby Poacher » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:56 pm

buzzard wrote:really ???? you ll have to post before you leave and we ll see if we can meet up :D

Fantastic

:clap:
'The Poacher'
Poacher
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby buzzard » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:26 pm

dont you know us highlanders hibernate during the harsh winter months . its alright for you soft southern types with your la de da sunshine and gentle on shore breezes !!!! its a different story up here in a mans country . plus i got the bargin of the century of a crashed bike which im re building :) :) :) . poacher we ll talk!!!!!
buzzard
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Return to And The Survey Said....