Mirror Extenders

Products and Services... Just bought a new accessory or product for your bike? Or bought new riding kit? Do you love it, think it's great? Or do you think it's poor, a complete waste of money and wish you never bought it? Or paid for a service, been ripped off and the job was not up to spec? Either way, share your experiences and write ups here! Feel free to name and shame if you so wish!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Mirror Extenders

Postby Rob_N » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:05 pm

Just fitted a set of Jaws mirror extenders.

My mechanical skills are legendary but as you only need two Allen keys (one to remove the mirror head retaining bolts and a smaller size to replace the new bolts) and a Phillips headed screwdriver, even I managed to do it eventually. I took about an hour but I reckon a competent spanner-wielder would have it finished in twenty minutes.

Of course, it would have been a much quicker job if I had fitted them the right way around in the first place, but now they are on the bike they make quite a difference. As I am no longer as trim as a racing snake (porky bastid, according to the wife) I have always had a problem with my arms filling the mirror view but these extenders seem to have done the job.

My only criticisms are that thirty quid seems a bit steep for what is essentially two pieces of machined plastic and six bolts, and the 'fitting instructions' are more than a little vague. However it's been a worthwhile mod, all told.

Rob
Machines were mice and men were lions, once upon a time. Now it's just the opposite, it's twice upon a time.
Rob_N
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby Tom Chantler » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:24 am

I just fitted some of these too, but regardless of how I adjust the mirrors, I can still see my feckin elbows and not much else...

I guess I was spoilt by riding the Pan which has the most awesome mirrors ever.
Tom Chantler
Annodised Alloy Member
Annodised Alloy Member

Postby Tigger » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:59 am

Tom Chantler wrote:I just fitted some of these too, but regardless of how I adjust the mirrors, I can still see my feckin elbows and not much else...

I guess I was spoilt by riding the Pan which has the most awesome mirrors ever.

i had to adjust for my elbows, which i then quick tucked when i wanted to see. but at night when some tossers not dipped it wont bother u. :-?

My boing is back .... :P
devil
Tigger
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

A bud has jsut got them this week from jaws

Postby TESLACOIL » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:21 am

bit fiddly to fit but he loves them - im goon get a set myself or maybe do a diy extended bracket

y - price does seem a little steep
TESLACOIL
Annodised Alloy Member
Annodised Alloy Member

Re: Mirror Extenders

Postby wulliei » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:36 pm

Ive just stuck on a couple of blind spot mirrors to the original ones and their working a treat.

Only drawback is that they make things look a little smaller than the standard mirrors. :-?

I can now see around my elbows, they took about 20 seconds fit ( self adhesive pads ) and best of all they cost a grand total of £3.98. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Any one else tried this option???
wulliei
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby dufus » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:20 am

Loose some weight ya fat bastids then ya arms can get close enough to ya bodies to see past em

mirror extenders...natures way of saying your a failed anorexic
dufus
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby aj » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:18 pm

dufus wrote:Loose some weight ya fat bastids then ya arms can get close enough to ya bodies to see past em

mirror extenders...natures way of saying your a failed anorexic

who the fek do i know that has confessed te bein 6ft3" and 20 stone... :-? :-? :-? :-?

regards :P
aj

remember... i know nuffin about everything so don't believe a word i say
aj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby dufus » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:29 pm

god knows aj

but at 20 stone he's a fat coont and if ever i get close to that weight I'll buy a red one
dufus
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby iainm9438 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:56 pm

dufus wrote:god knows aj

but at 20 stone he's a fat coont and if ever i get close to that weight I'll buy a red one

:getthis)
Was a 1 of kind xx........RIP Zebra
iainm9438
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Return to And The Survey Said....