Camchain tensioner/JAWS

Products and Services... Just bought a new accessory or product for your bike? Or bought new riding kit? Do you love it, think it's great? Or do you think it's poor, a complete waste of money and wish you never bought it? Or paid for a service, been ripped off and the job was not up to spec? Either way, share your experiences and write ups here! Feel free to name and shame if you so wish!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Camchain tensioner/JAWS

Postby mark_w » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:54 pm

my bike had a slight 'zizzing' noise at around 3500 rpm, i read a few things about it on here, gave John at JAWS a ring. he confirmed my suspicions and suggested i needed one of his tensioners. he explained the fitment procedure [easy]. i paid via paypal, nice and quick and easy and cheaper than a main dealer. the item arrived a day or 2 later - everything you need. the tensioner itself, a new gasket and 2 new screws with copper washers. the longest bit was getting the fairing panel off [and on again..]. but the procedure was simple. remove the old one, clean off any bits of old gasket, both the new one up, pull out the keeper tag, put the blanking bolt in the end. it's probably quicker to do than explain. the engine is a quiet as a mouse now, hums away like a little sewing machine. i'll definitely deal with John again. thanks for reading this. :)
mark_w
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Return to And The Survey Said....