Got myself a new seat

Products and Services... Just bought a new accessory or product for your bike? Or bought new riding kit? Do you love it, think it's great? Or do you think it's poor, a complete waste of money and wish you never bought it? Or paid for a service, been ripped off and the job was not up to spec? Either way, share your experiences and write ups here! Feel free to name and shame if you so wish!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Got myself a new seat

Postby speedfreak » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:48 am

Been having a night mare with the seat on the xx.

Seem to get leg cramp every now and then so I just put it down to being an old fart and got loads of movelat. And under heavy breaking the unmentionables slap into the tank :oops) .

Went to see a customer and we got talking about bikes (fook work) and his other half has got an xx but found the seat to hard and had a mate rebuild it and now he’s had his gixxer done and claims it’s so comfy :ride) .

So called this guy up and took the seat down conversation went something like this:

Need you to rebuild this seat you did it for a mate of mine.

No worries, is that of a Blackbird (knows his bikes :thumbsup) )

How much will this cost me?

About forty quid (result :thumbsup) )

Do you want me to recover it, seat looks a bit smooth.

I don’t want any fancy sh1t I like the xx seat as it is. no piping or motifs.

Chose the covering in black with grippy texture. Total cost sixty quid :thumbsup)

How long do you need the seat I ask? (fooker gonna be here all week)

Four o’clock today mate jawdropping .

Phoned me about two ish to say that the seat had nearly two inch’s of foam removed already .

Any way total rebuild of the seat inserted gel pads and recovered of £60 :D .

Excellent service excellent cost and now I have an excellent seat and my nuts are safe.

Handling has also improved but the only down side is as I am now slightly higher high speed buffeting is rather annoying. :ride)

http://www.hoodsgaloreuk.co.uk/
There is nothing wrong with the way I ride.

Just stay 15 feet in front or 15 feet behind. You need to be 15 feet to my left or right.

Any closer and your MINE all MINE
speedfreak
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby REEFER » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:58 am

glad your pleased with it :clap:
id be weary about the gel inserts tho..they cost about £40 each just to buy over the counter..you may find you aint got them fitted in there for that kinda price
dont matter as they heat up like shite in the summer so when you return to your bike you roasts your nuts when you remount the seat :roll)
have you tried peg lowerers to give that little extra leg room also..work a treat..gives about an inch depending on which ones you get..dont sound a lot but makes a real difference :wink)
REEFER
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Gilly » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:34 pm

REEFER wrote:gives about an inch depending on which ones you get..dont sound a lot but makes a real difference :wink)

My wife said the extra inch made all the difference jawdropping .....

When I lowered the Suzuki 1", she could get both her feet firmly on the deck. :)
Cheers
Gilly
Gilly
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Return to And The Survey Said....