Heine Gericke

Products and Services... Just bought a new accessory or product for your bike? Or bought new riding kit? Do you love it, think it's great? Or do you think it's poor, a complete waste of money and wish you never bought it? Or paid for a service, been ripped off and the job was not up to spec? Either way, share your experiences and write ups here! Feel free to name and shame if you so wish!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Heine Gericke is overpriced shite

It certainly is
40%
It certainly is
No votes
yessum miss Daisy, it sho izz
40%
I got lucky with mine (XX-Bernie :P )
20%

Total votes : 10

Heine Gericke

Postby Shlink » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:50 pm

Bought the GT Cruise jacket and trousers under two years ago. Supposed to be the dogs bollox according to Ride magazine. Take out "the dogs" and you've got a better description. £499 and they've been back and forth with zips breaking, liners ripping, and they let water in on my last trip and we're not talking prolonged riding in heavy rain. All pockets let in rain (wet mobile phone, wet fags, wet cash, wet wallet, wet keys, wet ear plugs... you ever tried putting wet earplugs in your ears?).

I wonder how much Ride gets paid by companies to endorse their products... impartial my arse.
Last edited by Shlink on Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If assholes could fly, 10 Downing Street would be an airport.
Shlink
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby XX-Bernie » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:39 pm

Sorry you've had such a bad run.........

I've had my Hein Gericke:

Jacket for 6 years

Trousers for 6 years

Boots for 5 years

Gloves (the Pathen "na-noo na-noo Mork" type) for 4 winters

and summer gloves for 2 summers

With the exception of the summer gloves obviously, I have had absolutely no probs at all regarding the waterproofing. Bearing in mind I ride everyday, no matter the weather, they have all lasted very well. I did make sure I had Gore-tex in all the items though (except the Pathen Gloves).

I had my first leak in in the pants last winter to which I found out it was because I hadn't washed them (ever!) and the Gore-Tex had got crap in it. Two washes later and they are back to 'good as new'.

A couple of the zip tags have corroded away, but then it would be tight to expect them to last forever, but with a cable tie or such like, the zips have all worked perfectly again.

Personally, it has been more than worth the money!!!

So if you would kindly stick another option on your poll for me........ :wink)
When opportunity comes knocking on your door.......
XX-Bernie
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby aj » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:51 pm

getta bigger size shrink :-? .... less pressure on the seems :D

regards :mrgreen:
aj

remember... i know nuffin about everything so don't believe a word i say
aj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby speedfreak » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:07 pm

I bought Hein Gericke many years ago and I regretted it.
Stitching crap sticky zips and leaks from hell.

Load of crap if you ask me. If it cost me nowt its to expensive. :thumbsdown)
There is nothing wrong with the way I ride.

Just stay 15 feet in front or 15 feet behind. You need to be 15 feet to my left or right.

Any closer and your MINE all MINE
speedfreak
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Hugh Janus » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:55 pm

I dunno, there's no pleasing some folk (roll eyes smiley please)
I have taken to wearing High Heels these days...although the Greenkeeper goes fookin barmy with me
Hugh Janus
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Tim » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:33 pm

Hugh Janus wrote:I dunno, there's no pleasing some folk ( :roll) )

Idle tvat.... :roll)
Tim
Site Admin

Postby Tigger » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:18 am

Uncle Speedy from HG relatiions swears by em not at em, but tbh, my local ones were a waste of time parking outside let alone getting off the bike at. :-?

My boing is back .... :P
devil
Tigger
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby aj » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:05 am

Tigger wrote:Uncle Speedy from HG relatiions swears by em not at em, but tbh, my local ones were a waste of time parking outside let alone getting off the bike at. :-?

:P :P .. that's done it... i'm off te bed.. i'll try again in the morning poo :P :roll)

retards :roll)
aj

remember... i know nuffin about everything so don't believe a word i say
aj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby MaXX2 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:43 pm

Just about all HG kit and me gloves have seen more than 3 years all year round- still dry (provided I tuck up me bloody sleeves that is :roll) :mrgreen: ) No probs ere and the Cruise jacket (sorry but) it's the best all rounder I ever owned- Warm enough for the british summer- dry in the Spanish hailstones and torrential rain and cool all over Morocco at 30+ - dunno what else I could ask of it :mrgreen:

Soz Ned- just lucky over ere :oops) :D
Eliminate the impossible. Whatever remains, however improbable, must be the part you forgot to service.
MaXX2
Site Admin

Re: Heine Gericke

Postby Foxyrider » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:14 pm

Mr Gericke is £700 better off!

Just bought the Cruise GTX jacket and trousers, plus new boots and gloves. Thought I was spending too much until I wore them for the first time.
Wore them in very heavy rain and they kept the water out. The only thing I agree with is the pockets getting wet inside. Had money in there which was soaked by the time I got home.

They keep me nice and warm now the days are getting colder. Never had HG stuff before as I felt they were over priced. But after using Frank Thomas for the last few years I feel I have been wasting my money when I could have bought a jacket that would last more than a year before falling apart.

I have only been using the HG clothes for about 4 weeks now so maybe I should put another report on here after 6 months and see if I am still happy? :ride)

:-) Foxyrider
Everyone is allowed a stupid day but you are abusing the privilege
Foxyrider
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Re: Heine Gericke

Postby Poacher » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:40 pm

Foxyrider wrote:Mr Gericke is £700 better off!

Just bought the Cruise GTX jacket and trousers, plus new boots and gloves. Thought I was spending too much until I wore them for the first time.
Wore them in very heavy rain and they kept the water out. The only thing I agree with is the pockets getting wet inside. Had money in there which was soaked by the time I got home.

They keep me nice and warm now the days are getting colder. Never had HG stuff before as I felt they were over priced. But after using Frank Thomas for the last few years I feel I have been wasting my money when I could have bought a jacket that would last more than a year before falling apart.

I have only been using the HG clothes for about 4 weeks now so maybe I should put another report on here after 6 months and see if I am still happy? :ride)

:-) Foxyrider

Hey foxyrider how come you still had money left in your pockets then? hehe must be paid toooooo much lol
'The Poacher'
Poacher
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Return to And The Survey Said....