mobile internet services...

Products and Services... Just bought a new accessory or product for your bike? Or bought new riding kit? Do you love it, think it's great? Or do you think it's poor, a complete waste of money and wish you never bought it? Or paid for a service, been ripped off and the job was not up to spec? Either way, share your experiences and write ups here! Feel free to name and shame if you so wish!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

mobile internet services...

Postby aj » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:49 pm

have been paying for a business only 8meg broadband (adsl) service for the past several years at £35.00 per month...

now i'm semi retired i don't shift the volume or need the band width anywhere near as much as i did 12 month ago..

therefore I’m looking at alternatives for the lifestyle change ( which also include the need for internet services from my motor home...

I’ve come up with this....has anyone any experience of this sort of contraption.. i.e. do they work, is the coverage good... etc etc

http://87.106.73.110/admin/layouts/prev ... youtID=642

what do you know... please tell 8)

regards :wink)
aj

remember... i know nuffin about everything so don't believe a word i say
aj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: mobile internet services...

Postby staffbull » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:36 am

There pretty good aj if you go on the three website they have a pretty comprehensive coverage map, when you get a good signal the speed is quite acceptable although not as good as true broadband. They are ideal for browsing/forum usage when at home or away but if you do alot of downloading youve got to watch how much you use cos it can get bloody expensive if you go over the allowance (eg 3gb a month is around 15 quid but gover over this and some contracts will charge a pound a meg or 15 pound per gig).
Three do these on pay as you go aswell 1gb for a tenner 3gb for fithteen an 7gb for 25 quid (i think) if you take this route when youve used your allowance it just stops workin so you cant run up a bill you just top up again, each top up lasts 30 day wether you use it or not. You can also buy the dongle (usb modem) pre laoded with 12 gb for 99 quid.
Hope this helps ya old bugger :wink) always wondered why you didnt come on whilst away in the tin tent when these are available screwy

http://www.three.co.uk/Mobile_Broadband/Pay_Monthly

http://www.three.co.uk/Mobile_Broadband/Pay_As_You_Go

added just incase you couldnt find em :mrgreen:

If i were you (and thank fook im not :D ) i would drop to a cheaper home broadband package then get a pay as you go one of these for when your on your travells, that way you keep full speed unlimited downloads for home and you only need to pay for the mobile when you need it :wink)

If youve got sky tv for example, you can get home broadband from 5 quid a month
Steve.

staffbull
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby aj » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:11 am

http://www.three.co.uk/3_Business/Servi ... _Broadband

like the sound of 6 sqid a month for the 5 gig package :clap:
.. not so sure about the 2.8 speed :(
have 3 times that at the moment :P

screwy still cant get it parked up in the welsh hills or the Scottish highlands duh

i dunnow :banghead) ... just can't get exactly what you want these days :-? ....must be that progress thingie they keep on about rofl

anyone got one of these bongle thingies :-?

regards :wink)
aj

aj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby theoldman » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:26 pm

Hi Aj Ihad one of these gizzmos from vodaphone last year ,alright but slow ,
cover a bit patchy ,visit vodaphone shop tell em where you are going they can
check for cover on their computor same as mobile phone.
cost about £20 per month .get one just before you go away if it dont work they should take
it back.. :-)
Wooooooosh ....that was fast must have been a two tone then
theoldman
Annodised Alloy Member
Annodised Alloy Member

Postby aj » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:55 am

theoldman wrote:Hi Aj Ihad one of these gizzmos from vodaphone last year ,alright but slow ,
cover a bit patchy ,visit vodaphone shop tell em where you are going they can
check for cover on their computor same as mobile phone.
cost about £20 per month .get one just before you go away if it dont work they should take
it back.. :-)
Wooooooosh ....that was fast must have been a two tone then

hummmm... think i'll get a pay as yer go thingie option... :P

you must have had the 2 tone option ... fekkkin slow or what lol

regards :mrgreen:
aj

aj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Tonester » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:45 pm

Telstra are doing quite a nice package at the moment, includes land-line, mobile and internet for $14.95/month. Your mobile is your landline and has a landline and mobile number allocated. handy if there are a few family members on the same plan as they all get the same deal, up to $300 worth of calls per month and 6 Gig of internet per month.

Telstra are also the provider withe the highest coverage too, especially remote, so if you ar in whoop whoop you can still receive calls and access the internet.

Hope this helps AJ :wink)
An Aussie kiss - the same as a French kiss but 'Downunder' .

Tonester
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Return to And The Survey Said....