R+G crash bungs

Products and Services... Just bought a new accessory or product for your bike? Or bought new riding kit? Do you love it, think it's great? Or do you think it's poor, a complete waste of money and wish you never bought it? Or paid for a service, been ripped off and the job was not up to spec? Either way, share your experiences and write ups here! Feel free to name and shame if you so wish!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

R+G crash bungs

Postby Chris Gale » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:41 pm

Are they any cop on the BB ? Appreciate that would involve you having a dink but if you did - were your levers intact ?
Am off later for a trip to Turkey + Iran ( if visa comes thru ) and the Rac dont go there strangely enuff :-? So god forbid the worst happens my BB needs to get me back to somewhere i can hire a man + truck .
Will buy / blag a set of levers and gear change bits anyways but dont want to fit Bungs if they cause more damage then if not fitted - if that makes sense :P
Chris Gale
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Re: R+G crash bungs

Postby aj » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:39 pm

as i understand it :-? :roll) .. the big stickkkeout bungs fitted low down have a tendency to pitch the nose
into the ground coursing extensive damage... :P :shock)

the smaller top mounted ones dont. :mrgreen:

regards :wink)
aj

remember... i know nuffin about everything so don't believe a word i say
aj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby iainm9438 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:18 pm

i have heard that if you fit both, it saves a lot of damage (but makes you look like a complete incompetent tvat who should also have stabilizers) - how true it is i don't know, just what I've heard from a couple of peeps. :-?
Was a 1 of kind xx........RIP Zebra
iainm9438
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby MaXX2 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:39 pm

iainm9438 wrote:i have heard that if you fit both, it saves a lot of damage (but makes you look like a complete incompetent tvat who should also have stabilizers) - how true it is i don't know, just what I've heard from a couple of peeps. :-?

Read this and died laughing :clap: :notworthy) lol :clap: :notworthy) lol :clap: :notworthy) lol

MAXX2 RIP zzz
Eliminate the impossible. Whatever remains, however improbable, must be the part you forgot to service.
MaXX2
Site Admin

Postby Chris Gale » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:58 pm

Thanks A J - thats exactly what i was after :-) Will stick to taking a spare set of levers and leave the rest to the gods so to speak :mrgreen:
Chris Gale
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Return to And The Survey Said....