Screens

Products and Services... Just bought a new accessory or product for your bike? Or bought new riding kit? Do you love it, think it's great? Or do you think it's poor, a complete waste of money and wish you never bought it? Or paid for a service, been ripped off and the job was not up to spec? Either way, share your experiences and write ups here! Feel free to name and shame if you so wish!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Screens

Postby BirdAddict » Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:28 am

My bird had a Givi screen on when I got her and I was quite happy with the wind protection it offered except for some wind battering in cross winds and higher speeds if you didn't get your head well down.
This winter, part of my prodjects was to fit a double bubble screen, kindly offered by Gizzit.

Although it was a powerbronze and is not regarded as the better ones around, I fitted it and it lookes ok.
Even better is the protection it offers, I never expected it to be so good and even had the bike upto 160mph when the red mist got the better of me whilst on our easter rideout (but that's another story)

My recomendation is Double Bubble
Image …Ride carefully. It's not only bikes that can be recalled by their maker.
BirdAddict
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby BiXXer Bob » Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:51 pm

Think I've said in an earlier post that I've got a NUVO double bubble. It's great windwise, but I've also got the "melting dash" syndrome. Some marks appeared on the dash which I thought were due to using the wrong sort of cleaner and that it had harmed the plastic. Then I read about "melting dash" on IXXRA and had another look. It was just co-incidence that at that particular time, the line cast by the curved edge of my screen lined up exactly with the marks on the dash. So I guess it's good gen. I suppose the only answer is to cover the dash with something in bright sunlight to avoid it happening again. Maybe an adaptation of those brightly coloured sun visors car drivers use in their windscreen......Na! I don't want my 'bird looking a prat!
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying.

BiXXer Bob
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby 1137cc » Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:51 pm

i got my double buuble from MandP, don't know what make though, but it does have the cbr1100xx logo on it and blacked out to hide the clock wiring, very pleased with it, works well and fitted a treat.

Iain
1137cc
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby BiXXer Bob » Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:15 pm

The nuvo isn't blacked out as standard, but I painted mine on the inside to hide the clock wiring, smartened it up no end, makes you wonder why Nuvo don't do it - cheapskates!!
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying.

BiXXer Bob
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Grippy » Fri May 07, 2004 11:31 am

I have just fitted a Motrax Fabbri double bubble. It went straight in with no fiddling about or re-drilling, so very happy with that. Available in different colours and tints, mine is "light tint" and so the bottom needed painting black to hide the electrics.

"Motrax are confident that the Fabbri screens will become the benchmark for all other aftermarket screens". I will have to look a bit closer at other screens because the Fabbri screen doesn't have the stepped mounting flange that the original Honda part has. Because of this, there is a step where the screen sits under the fairing instead of flush with it and there are small gaps where the rain can get into the nose cone, so not so happy with that!

There is more wind noise with the DB, even at low speeds, but it has certainly got rid of the buffeting to the head so I can put up with the noise.
Never break the speed limit - set your own and adjust upwards if necessary
Grippy
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby bezzer » Sat May 08, 2004 12:19 am

Double bubbles don't seem to suit my riding style, tried a Powerbronze- shit fit and an MRA -great fit and quality. Now bought an MRA flip, its only around standard screen size not a barn door. Brilliant quality and fit and suits me great.

95% of all Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... the other 5% made it home.
bezzer
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Double Bubble Screen...

Postby flyingarmy » Mon May 10, 2004 3:22 am

Replaced my stock screen with this Double Bubble. Love the look and it provides excellent wind protection at higher speeds. Might add some Saeng Wind Trim to it, but haven't decieded to as of yet! See ya and keep the Greasy Side of your xx down!!!!

[/img]
FLYRXX
flyingarmy
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Motoplastics

Postby shotline » Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:25 am

I got my double bubble from spain, made by "Puig". Try www.motoplastics.com

It looks great, has a cool XX logo, comes with a darkened lower section to hide wiring, fitted perfect first time, and works wonders at reducing wind blast, buffeting & noise. I highly recommend it.
Gibraltar 100% British Forever !
shotline
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Motoplastics

Postby shotline » Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:25 am

I got my double bubble from spain, made by "Puig". Try www.motoplastics.com

It looks great, has a cool xx logo, comes with a darkened lower section to hide wiring, fitted perfect first time, and works wonders at reducing wind blast, buffeting & noise. I highly recommend it.
Gibraltar 100% British Forever !
shotline
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby BiXXer Bob » Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:31 pm

Got a stutter then, Shotline?? :mrgreen:

BiXXer Bob
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Chuff » Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:17 pm

BiXXer Bob wrote:Got a stutter then, Shotline?? :mrgreen:

Nervous twitch more like :D :mrgreen:
Chuff

Postby Onza » Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:42 pm

I've just tried the Motrax Fabrri one. Sent it back, the holes might be in the right place and it might be a beautifully styled screen but I'll be damned if I'm paying £50 for a sheet of acrylic that I then have to paint the bottom of to hide the clocks and scoure the earth for black sealant to fill in the gaps where it doesn't meet the body work. MRA one in the post, lets see how they do!
Onza
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby Onza » Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:43 pm

I've just tried the Motrax Fabrri one. Sent it back, the holes might be in the right place and it might be a beautifully styled screen but I'll be damned if I'm paying £50 for a sheet of acrylic that I then have to paint the bottom of to hide the clocks and scoure the earth for black sealant to fill in the gaps where it doesn't meet the body work. MRA one in the post, lets see how they do!
Onza
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby bezzer » Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:12 pm

You'll find the MRA is good Onza, lipped edge to fit right and blacked out to hide the wiring.
Had to use sealant to seal the Powerbronze one I had before, easy fix though just buy black silicone from B&Q or other DIY places.
95% of all Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... the other 5% made it home.
bezzer
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Onza » Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:48 am

Now have the MRA screen on the bike. Better made than the Fabrri with a blacked out bottom section and a deeper fitting lip to match to the original body work. It's a lot more flexible than the original and the Fabrri which would be a good thing if ever I find myself flying over the top of it!

However, if I'm perfectly honest, it's not as pretty as the Fabrri one. Wht can't you get German fit and engineering with Italian design flare?
Onza
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby Gizzit » Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:08 pm

Onza wrote:However, if I'm perfectly honest, it's not as pretty as the Fabrri one. Wht can't you get German fit and engineering with Italian design flare?

You want a whore who will clean up afterwards don't ya :roll) :mrgreen:
Can't catch me ................... Image
Gizzit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Onza » Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:04 am

yep!
Onza
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby hothoofer » Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:44 am

Gizzit wrote:
Onza wrote:However, if I'm perfectly honest, it's not as pretty as the Fabrri one. Wht can't you get German fit and engineering with Italian design flare?

You want a whore who will clean up afterwards don't ya :roll) :mrgreen:

are you offering taz now if so send im round asap :D :D :D :D
hothoofer
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Return to And The Survey Said....