New Bits from John (Jaws)

Products and Services... Just bought a new accessory or product for your bike? Or bought new riding kit? Do you love it, think it's great? Or do you think it's poor, a complete waste of money and wish you never bought it? Or paid for a service, been ripped off and the job was not up to spec? Either way, share your experiences and write ups here! Feel free to name and shame if you so wish!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

New Bits from John (Jaws)

Postby aspguitars » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:44 pm

Hi! all,
just thought I'd say another big thanks to John at Jaws. He has helped me no end with bits and pieces from my apparently good buy!
Have spent a fortune so far, so maybe not so good. Anyway, at least I know that it will be done properly.
Have attached a pic with the Indiglo Facias fitted. You should also be able to see the preload bar risers fitted around all the nice shiny bits that I spent hours polishing.
Ade

aspguitars
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Re: New Bits from John (Jaws)

Postby Chrisevans41 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:13 pm

Ade, Birds certainly do cost a bit to look after but no where near Ducati territory, but I bet she's worth every penny you spend persoanlising her to make her your very own. Your dials do look good. I find John very useful and helpful. Between all the forum members we keep him in business which can't be bad. I have fitted heated grips, scott oiler, Beowulf exhausts, HEL Hoses from John and a Melboy custom seat which despite the cost is very very comfortable. How much better do you find thwe Bird with bar risers, as I plan fitting some when I overhaul my forks. Keep biking

Andy :thumbsup)
STAY ON STAY SAFE
Chrisevans41
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby aspguitars » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:14 pm

Hi! Andy,
I fitted VFR800 barst to my first Blackbird. It made all the difference, as do the bar risers that I've fitted to this one. I've also lowered the whole bike by 1", as I'm only 5' 7". Doing this has obviously shortened the wheelbase slightly which helps it turn a bit quicker. I just wish I'd kept my old one, as it was much newer and much nicer. This is an old Carb version, but I do love it.
Still lots to do yet. Exhausts, wheels, Dyno Jet etc.
Nice to hear from you.
Ade
aspguitars
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby Chrisevans41 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:39 pm

Hi Ade, thanks for your comments. I have bought a metal polishing kit to do my exhaust header pipes. I like your headset lock nut polishing so I may well do same to my 05 Bird (Black as it happens). I am 6ft 1" so don't need lowering. I spent 4 hrs last weekend servicing my forks with new oil and seals and cleaning/checking brakes, which after 5 years, 2 with me, has made a massive difference in front feel. At the end of this season I intend fitting preload adjusters and riser kit from John at Jaws. I can wholeheartedly recommend Beowulf exhaust which sound fantastic without being too loud (raod legal). Check out their site as there are many combinations to choose from, including carbon, polished, titanium and coloured too etc etc etc.Never ridden a carb model but many say they are the better engine. Maybe you'll change back in the future???
:thumbsup)
Regards

Andy
STAY ON STAY SAFE
Chrisevans41
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby Black7 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:49 pm

Completely agree re the melboy Seat (Bladerunner style from CMS - Custom Motorcycle Seats). I had a gel one fitted and its brilliant. better even than that airhawk thingy and obviously looks better.

Beowulf are good vlaue certainly, but MTC are a small outfit that is overlooked and I've found their carbon cans to be relatively affordable and actually pretty well made. I sent them a pic of the bike and the cheeky so and so's went and used it in their E Bay advert! Nice blokes, so I don;t mind. :smile:

I also found the MRA vario screen (via Jaws) is really good too. Down when hot and up when it rains. Perfect.

Then there's the Jaws rad guard, fairing mesh, gear indicator, alloy racing levers, heated grips...

OK. I know I got a problem. screwy

Just don;t tell Her On The Back how much it cost. :oops)
Black7
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby Tazcbr1100xx » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:06 pm

aspguitars wrote:as I'm only 5' 7"

You lanky twat jawdropping
Sorted!
Tazcbr1100xx
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Return to And The Survey Said....