Bluetooth headsets

Products and Services... Just bought a new accessory or product for your bike? Or bought new riding kit? Do you love it, think it's great? Or do you think it's poor, a complete waste of money and wish you never bought it? Or paid for a service, been ripped off and the job was not up to spec? Either way, share your experiences and write ups here! Feel free to name and shame if you so wish!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Bluetooth headsets

Postby davey j » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:33 pm

Hi

Has anyone any experience with these new fangled Interphone headsets that are all over the press these days?

I thought I was being pretty cute by replacing my wired phone and seperate mp3 player with an mp3 phone [Sony Ericsson J105i] and a Autocom Bluetooth dongle to conect to my Autocom Active Duo Plus. While it connects no problem the volume on playback is crap - struggling to hear music at a standstill even with both device and Autocom volume controls turned up to max [earplugs in]

When I connect using the wired adapter the volume is fine - just wondered if a different Bluetooth setup may be an improvement?

Cheers

Davey J
davey j
Annodised Alloy Member
Annodised Alloy Member

Re: Bluetooth headsets

Postby MaXX2 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:58 pm

Davey- I have no personal experience of buetooth headsets, but last year a friend was going around Europe and he wanted a working sat nav & mobile phone whist riding. I suggested the Garmin 660 and Scala Rider headset. He went with it, loved it and it got him all over the place without a moment's problem.

Only thing to remember----recharge daily!!!

Hope it helps, coz the vast majority of us seem to have a fixed comms hub such as Autocom, Intaride etc (hence the quiet response)

Mick
Eliminate the impossible. Whatever remains, however improbable, must be the part you forgot to service.
MaXX2
Site Admin

Postby psyconet » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:36 pm

i have a tomtom via bluetooth to an autocom and the volume is very loud i turn the tomtom down to 85% volume and can still hear at 100+ (on a track of course :roll) )
BLACK is the original black

REAL MEN:-
Ride a XX
Have a beard
And make their own dresses
psyconet
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby ChrisW » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:39 pm

I've got a Parrott Bluetooth headset that links the phone to my helmet and has a mp3 adapter. It works fine and the volume is reasonable. I play music wirelessly from the phone and you can skip to the next track via a controller on the left grip.

I ride on the motorway and can make calls and listen to music fine. The radio is crap though!!
ChrisW
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Return to And The Survey Said....