new boots...

Products and Services... Just bought a new accessory or product for your bike? Or bought new riding kit? Do you love it, think it's great? Or do you think it's poor, a complete waste of money and wish you never bought it? Or paid for a service, been ripped off and the job was not up to spec? Either way, share your experiences and write ups here! Feel free to name and shame if you so wish!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

new boots...

Postby aj » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:00 pm

when buying new riding boots do you end up getting....

a) your shoe size
b) 1/2 a size up
or c) a full size up

:-?

regards
aj :P

remember... i know nuffin about everything so don't believe a word i say
aj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: new boots...

Postby iainm9438 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:29 pm

try them on 1st as bike boot sizes vary. the ones you had off me were supposed to be a 10 but were clearly a 9. the ones i have now are a 10 and fit perfectly but my last ones were 11 and were a 10. :P
Was a 1 of kind xx........RIP Zebra
iainm9438
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:32 pm

iainm9438 wrote:try them on 1st as bike boot sizes vary. the ones you had off me were supposed to be a 10 but were clearly a 9. the ones i have now are a 10 and fit perfectly but my last ones were 11 and were a 10. :P

Yea, know what you mean. :-? :P

I was always a 10 but now 10's don't fit so I get 12's and they fit Ok for a 10, although sometimes I have to get 13's as 12's ( I mean proper 10's really) aren't even 12's let alone 10's. I know that I can get away with 9's in Flip Flops and I do have a pair of toeless Deriboot slingbacks that fit like a glove in 6's. Be careful too, that you don't get "size currency" mixed up too. My mate when ordering a size thought he'd ordered a 45 in "metric", cos he wanted 11's. (Well, he didn't want 11's really, he wanted 10's but as we all know 10's are the new 11's,) but I digress.... but it was actually in UK "money" and got a set of fookin clowns bike boots. Oh how we laughed.

Also, some daft twat I know just goes to the shop and tries them on until a pair fit, irrespective of what size they actually are which I think is just plain stupid. If ya still young it's best to get a sloppy boot and then you'll grow into them. One thing I would say though and that's not to buy boots that you can't get your feet into. Total waste of money if you ask me.

Final tip. When trying on bike boots, first of all, take out the rolled up papers/ cardboard that's stuffed down the toes and don't just wear stockings either.

screwy

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Tigger » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:57 am

T.Murphy wrote:
iainm9438 wrote:try them on 1st as bike boot sizes vary. the ones you had off me were supposed to be a 10 but were clearly a 9. the ones i have now are a 10 and fit perfectly but my last ones were 11 and were a 10. :P

I was always a 10 but now 10's don't fit so I get 12's and they fit Ok for a 10, although sometimes I have to get 13's as 12's ( I mean proper 10's really) aren't even 12's let alone 10's. I know that I can get away with 9's in Flip Flops and I do have a pair of toeless Deriboot slingbacks that fit like a glove in 6's. Be careful too, that you don't get "size currency" mixed up too. My mate when ordering a size thought he'd ordered a 45 in "metric", cos he wanted 11's. (Well, he didn't want 11's really, he wanted 10's but as we all know 10's are the new 11's,) but I digress.... but it was actually in UK "money" and got a set of fookin clowns bike boots. Oh how we laughed.

Also, some daft twat I know just goes to the shop and tries them on until a pair fit, irrespective of what size they actually are which I think is just plain stupid. If ya still young it's best to get a sloppy boot and then you'll grow into them. One thing I would say though and that's not to buy boots that you can't get your feet into. Total waste of money if you ask me.

Final tip. When trying on bike boots, first of all, take out the rolled up papers/ cardboard that's stuffed down the toes and don't just wear stockings either.

screwy

How the hell does a big fooker like you manage on size 10s without falling over? :-? Anti-gravity pants?

My boing is back .... :P
devil
Tigger
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Scotty » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:50 am

aj wrote:.

when buying new riding boots do you end up getting....

a) your shoe size
b) 1/2 a size up
or c) a full size up

:-?

regards
aj :P

Boots, shoes, slippers, whatever. They all seem to vary.

Try them on and if the fit it doesn't matter what numbers written on the sole :thumbsup)
Scotty
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby iainm9438 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:17 pm

T.Murphy wrote:Final tip. When trying on bike boots, first of all, take out the rolled up papers/ cardboard that's stuffed down the toes
screwy

ok, i'll take it out when i get home......i thought it was for extra protection :banghead)

lol :mrgreen:
Was a 1 of kind xx........RIP Zebra
iainm9438
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby barsteward » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:35 pm

T.Murphy wrote:

screwy

Tvatt...I've only just bought this keyboard!!!! :banghead) :banghead)
barsteward
Q.O.T.W. Moderator
Q.O.T.W. Moderator

Location: Ex of Rainy Todmorden Where???? now just as rainy Walsden

Return to And The Survey Said....