tyres

Products and Services... Just bought a new accessory or product for your bike? Or bought new riding kit? Do you love it, think it's great? Or do you think it's poor, a complete waste of money and wish you never bought it? Or paid for a service, been ripped off and the job was not up to spec? Either way, share your experiences and write ups here! Feel free to name and shame if you so wish!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

tyres

Postby big kev » Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:40 pm

:D just got meself some avon azarro's off a great guy,ONE WHEELS ENOUGH(sorry mate can't remmember first name) :oops) an i've been scrubbin 'em in today,what can i say apart from BRILLIANT these tyres are exelent! so to one wheels enough :thumbsup) cheers mate!

YEEHAAA!!!..HERE WE GO....OH SHIT!!WHERE DID THAT COME FROM....!
big kev
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby numb bits » Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:39 pm

His name is Crispin, and your right a very nice bloke too, now ain't i right about the Avon's Kev told ya so :P
numb bits

Postby big kev » Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:07 pm

cheers dave ,we'll have meet up sometime near your end .the tyres are brill ,how did the ridewell go today sorry i could'nt make it hope to see ya soon kev and nikki

big kev
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby numb bits » Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:43 am

Exellent should have a lot more member's joining cause the xx went down a treat with all who came to look :D (should of been a salesman) lol
numb bits

tyres

Postby big kev » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:57 pm

:D well to be honest mate,i dont think you can go far wrong with the deal from CRISPIN (one wheels enough) on ere i'm sure he'll sort ya a good deal out on the avon azarro's.i've found them to be a brilliant tyre,and good value for money :thumbsup)

big kev
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby Captain » Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:54 am

TR,
you can look to pay anywhere from £140-£160 for a pair :D . Don't forget to check for the little "B" on the sidewalls tough :roll) .

Got my new ones from AVON yesterday (replacing the ones given in error [no "B"]). Then the rain came down :bigcry: , so I'll have to wait a day or two before scrubbing them in. :banghead) :banghead)
Keep the black bits down, and the shiny bits up!

Captain@ixxra.co.uk
Captain
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Avon Azaros

Postby comfortbarge » Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:33 pm

What a brilliant tyre. I had Michelin Pilot Sports on before (bloody good) and 010s before that (not bad).

I'm gob smacked at the difference. You can feel the road surface, you can feel the bloody thing grip! And I've not even tried them in the dry as it's been pissing down all week :((
You know you've got enough power when the front wheel is in the air, and the back wheel is spinning!
comfortbarge
Annodised Alloy Member
Annodised Alloy Member

tyres

Postby GEORGE DOORS » Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:03 pm

i got 207rr on honda x11 very good tyres ,and price i got them for £150 pounds ,all i had to do was get them fitted got that done for £10 all in xx 8)
BURN RUBBER NOT YOUR SOLE
GEORGE DOORS
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Re: Avon Azaros

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:58 pm

comfortbarge wrote: and 010s before that (not bad)

Dude - the 010 should NEVER be used on the front of an xx - no wonder they were only 'not bad' :roll) Ask Lezzie (aka Barsteward) how crap his xx is with 010s on :P :D
TazCBR1100XX

Postby 1137cc » Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:34 pm

Might explain why my bird now feels a bit odd at the front as it's got an 010 on it, that's now way past it's best.

Quick question then for the collective, my rear tyre is an 012, when i change the front i am going to get an 020 this combo should be ok with the 012??? or should i go for the 012 on the front as well.

I am not happy with the wear rate of the 012 on the rear although it does stick well.

Iain
1137cc
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Captain » Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:14 pm

Never had a problem with grip with the 020s F+R :twisted) . Only reason I changed to Avon's was to try something else (not disappointed either) :D . The reason 012 doesn't last long is they were never intended to be used on such a heavy powerful bike as the xx :banghead) :bigcry: Super sticky no longevity. :(
Keep the black bits down, and the shiny bits up!

Captain@ixxra.co.uk
Captain
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby CBRXX » Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:10 am

AVON AZZARO's.mmmmmmmmmm
Not my favourite tyre choice especially for the wet, i generally use Bridgestone BT 010'E' on the rear and 011'F' on the front, not too good in the mileage department BUT its no good having a long lasting rear when the bikes layed up in the garage due to it spitting you off in the rain.
I generally get 4k from an 010/011 combo but so far i've had 9k from the AVONs.
I'm far more confident in the 010/011's than in the AVON but having said that i will have another set on my spare rims for touring 2 up and keep my BT's for general blatting about. xx
Do unto others as they do unto you

Then Fook off before the cops arrive.
CBRXX
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Return to And The Survey Said....