Various Very Usefull Parrts

Products and Services... Just bought a new accessory or product for your bike? Or bought new riding kit? Do you love it, think it's great? Or do you think it's poor, a complete waste of money and wish you never bought it? Or paid for a service, been ripped off and the job was not up to spec? Either way, share your experiences and write ups here! Feel free to name and shame if you so wish!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Various Very Usefull Parrts

Postby redcalibra » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:18 am

As a third time Bird owner I decided to kit my 2006 Bird out with what I considered to be the most usefull parts, also included bling parts,
And in no particular order here they are,:
Gilles bar risers, granted they were from a fireblade circa 1999 with 45mm forks, cheap fleabay purchase as I am a yorkshireman and proud of it, overcome the 43mm bird size by adding an inner sleeving made from sheet aluminium greenhouse staging I happened to have ! All good fun.
Then realised that had to extend brake lines, courtesy of Mr Jaws, then realised kill sw on my r/h swichgear was knackered, solution sw/gear from 1997 onwards would not only fit but helped with my fitting of Jaws hid light fitting kit , to be enhanced as the older sw gear has the proper ,in my opinion sw gear, i.e proper light switches. this was all done with plastics removed, tank removed etc.
Then after scratching you know who's appendages I thought what about bar ends, found a certain seller o ebay with a lot of help from Ramo, who also was the main catalyst for mods in the first place , shame on you lad, but thanks, put me in touch with paul who has made special bar ends out of stainless to fit the Gilles risers, along with top yoke nuts and chrome yoke nut filler, beautifull finish and fit with no cutting of my newly fitted heated grips.
Next up bleeding the brakes can only be summed by numpty bleeds jaws brake lines, all going well as I never looked at the instructions properly, at all, sorry man thing, and spent 6 hours and many phone calls to jaws and bless his socks MaXX2, Paul , bled perfectly when my pipefitter mate called me a complete kn.........., when he found I had forgotten to remove the rear diaphragm from resevoir, he also had missed this 4 hours previously though, strange that!
Moving on, bought gipro gear indicator off fleabay from blackbird, having fitted these to previous modern bikes , thought piece of piss, again having wired this flawlessly, turned key, turned out previous owner had used it in a kit car and set as a shift light, here again I did not read sthe setup instructins, see a pattern here, resolved had to read the flakey hungaryian setup instructions.
Next up peg lower kit, all done but slightly confusing on the rear brake pedal measurements, ie before and after lowering dimensions, seem a bit close to me, anyway thanks to Rolphydave I will persevere.
The whole point of this story is to highlight is anybody with determination can make the best bike in the world fit to perfection, any size , persuasion, ability and downright biking enjoyment a possibility.
Special regards to my helpfull contacts, Ramo, Paul, Jaws, Maxx2, Rolphydave, Tim Murphy and If I can help anyone, as I am still ballsing things up, but I learn eventually let me Know , thanks to all for a truly great site.
Thats , thats, all folks as I hate paperwork!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol :dunce) :oops) :notworthy) :pullhair :ride)
redcalibra
Annodised Alloy Member
Annodised Alloy Member

Re: Various Very Usefull Parrts

Postby Tazcbr1100xx » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:19 am

:-?
Sorted!
Tazcbr1100xx
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby MaXX2 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:05 am

redcalibra wrote:As a third time Bird owner I decided to kit my 2006 Bird out with what I considered to be the most usefull parts, also included bling parts,
Gilles bar risers, granted they were from a fireblade circa 1999 with 45mm forks, cheap fleabay purchase as I am a yorkshireman and proud of it, overcome the 43mm bird size by adding an inner sleeving made from sheet aluminium greenhouse staging I happened to have ! All good fun.
Then realised that had to extend brake lines, courtesy of Mr Jaws, then realised kill sw on my r/h swichgear was knackered, solution sw/gear from 1997 onwards would not only fit but helped with my fitting of Jaws hid light fitting kit , to be enhanced as the older sw gear has the proper ,in my opinion sw gear, i.e proper light switches. this was all done with plastics removed, tank removed etc.
Then after scratching you know who's appendages I thought what about bar ends, found a certain seller o ebay with a lot of help from Ramo, who also was the main catalyst for mods in the first place , shame on you lad, but thanks, put me in touch with paul who has made special bar ends out of stainless to fit the Gilles risers, along with top yoke nuts and chrome yoke nut filler, beautifull finish and fit with no cutting of my newly fitted heated grips.
Next up bleeding the brakes can only be summed by numpty bleeds jaws brake lines, all going well as I never looked at the instructions properly, at all, sorry man thing, and spent 6 hours and many phone calls to jaws and bless his socks MaXX2, Paul , bled perfectly when my pipefitter mate called me a complete kn.........., when he found I had forgotten to remove the rear diaphragm from resevoir, he also had missed this 4 hours previously though, strange that!
Moving on, bought gipro gear indicator off fleabay from blackbird, having fitted these to previous modern bikes , thought piece of piss, again having wired this flawlessly, turned key, turned out previous owner had used it in a kit car and set as a shift light, here again I did not read sthe setup instructins, see a pattern here, resolved had to read the flakey hungaryian setup instructions.
Next up peg lower kit, all done but slightly confusing on the rear brake pedal measurements, ie before and after lowering dimensions, seem a bit close to me, anyway thanks to Rolphydave I will persevere.
The whole point of this story is to highlight is anybody with determination can make the best bike in the world fit to perfection, any size , persuasion, ability and downright biking enjoyment a possibility.
Special regards to my helpfull contacts, Ramo, Paul, Jaws, Maxx2, Rolphydave, Tim Murphy and If I can help anyone, as I am still ballsing things up, but I learn eventually let me Know , thanks to all for a truly great site.
Thats , thats, all folks as I hate paperwork!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol :dunce) :oops) :notworthy) :pullhair :ride)

Glad it's all come together Steve :thumbsup) I think you've baffled the fook out of Taz though... not generally an easy task lol lol lol
Eliminate the impossible. Whatever remains, however improbable, must be the part you forgot to service.
MaXX2
Site Admin

Postby redcalibra » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:12 am

Yep, electronic pics? :-?
redcalibra
Annodised Alloy Member
Annodised Alloy Member

Postby MaXX2 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:45 pm

redcalibra wrote:Yep, electronic pics? :-?

That's easy to explain. Taz had a recent pschological trauma involving electrics/electronics which has, to all intents and purposes, killed his pride and joy and left him with a serious medical affliction. He was assaulted ya see... by someone who talked him into cutting lumps out of his wiring harness to cure a problem that didn't exist and....well....oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.... :shock)

Anyway if anyone even mentions electrics (especially simple electrical jobs) he shits himself...on the spot...no warning, no permission sought and no by-your-leave. Walk up to Taz at Squires, say "Connector Block". The eyes glaze over, there's a nasty smell and no fookin apology :mrgreen:

The only way to avoid it, is put up step-by-step high res pictures (preferably video or a slide show) showing every step necessary to change a fuse or replace the side light bulb lol lol lol
Eliminate the impossible. Whatever remains, however improbable, must be the part you forgot to service.
MaXX2
Site Admin

Postby redcalibra » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:08 pm

I used to be an electrician once upon a time, all you need is a a good lump hammer , sharp bolster chisel and you can do anything. lol lol lol
redcalibra
Annodised Alloy Member
Annodised Alloy Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:39 pm

lol lol

:notworthy) to Redcalibra and Maxx2. Fookin Ace posts. I have pissed myself..and yes, RC...YOU are the one with the brake diaphr....ooooh, fookin 'ell pass the mop quick, Nurse!

Respect matey, for your ambition, determination and good Ol' British Bulldog spirit and never sya die stoicism.

Maxx2. Ya fekkin kill me sometimes matey. Should have ya own column in the 'Uddersfield Motorcycle Anecdotal Journal.

...and that pic of you with the beer under ya campin' chair. Fookin spooky mate..like lookin' in a 35 year old mirror mate. Ta. :thumbsup)

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby MaXX2 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:23 am

:mrgreen:
MaXX2
Site Admin

Postby redcalibra » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:57 am

OO, me mops boke! :bigcry:
redcalibra
Annodised Alloy Member
Annodised Alloy Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:58 am

redcalibra wrote:OO, me mops boke! :bigcry:

:-? what? :-?

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby MaXX2 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:27 pm

T.Murphy wrote:
redcalibra wrote:OO, me mops boke! :bigcry:

:-? what? :-?

I know--- I like the bloke as well lol lol lol
MaXX2
Site Admin

Postby redcalibra » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:45 pm

sorry for confusion just a poor attemtp at humour, influenced by reading the hungaryian manual. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
redcalibra
Annodised Alloy Member
Annodised Alloy Member

Postby Tazcbr1100xx » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:28 am

MaXX2 wrote:
redcalibra wrote:As a third time Bird owner I decided to kit my 2006 Bird out with what I considered to be the most usefull parts, also included bling parts,

Glad it's all come together Steve :thumbsup) I think you've baffled the fook out of Taz though... not generally an easy task lol lol lol

He baffled the fcuk out of me cuz he posted the same shite all over the bloody forum :banghead) :banghead) :banghead)

As for the rest of the crap you put further along the thread .................. :getthis)
Sorted!
Tazcbr1100xx
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby MaXX2 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:44 pm

Tazcbr1100xx wrote:
MaXX2 wrote:

He baffled the fcuk out of me cuz he posted the same shite all over the bloody forum :banghead) :banghead) :banghead)

As for the rest of the crap you put further along the thread .................. :getthis)

Bless you as well my son :moon) rofl
MaXX2
Site Admin

Return to And The Survey Said....