Lighter wheels

Products and Services... Just bought a new accessory or product for your bike? Or bought new riding kit? Do you love it, think it's great? Or do you think it's poor, a complete waste of money and wish you never bought it? Or paid for a service, been ripped off and the job was not up to spec? Either way, share your experiences and write ups here! Feel free to name and shame if you so wish!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Lighter wheels

Postby Chrisevans41 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:18 pm

Hi, anyone fitted some 3, 5 or whatever spoked alloy, mag, god forbid carbon or carbon alloy mix wheels to their xx . I understand all the unsprung weight, gyroscopic stuff and better acceleration and braking but was just wandering (as you do) what are the best value per ££ per improvement in handling wheels that fit the bird or are there any Honda ones off say a Blade that would fit???. All useful replies appreciated.

:thumbsup) :smile:
STAY ON STAY SAFE
Chrisevans41
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Re: Lighter wheels

Postby MaXX2 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:51 am

BlackMagic (Andy) fitted some rather nice C Fibre spokers I think. They were for sale recently as well. Might want to PM him, up to you.

As for blade wheels... beyond me I'm afraid :-?
Eliminate the impossible. Whatever remains, however improbable, must be the part you forgot to service.
MaXX2
Site Admin

Postby Chrisevans41 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:01 pm

Thanks for the steer, wheels looked very nice but are sold.
Got me thinking though!!
:thumbsup)
STAY ON STAY SAFE
Chrisevans41
Carbon Fibre Member
Carbon Fibre Member

Postby MaXX2 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:05 am

Bet the bank manager's crapping himself lol lol lol
Eliminate the impossible. Whatever remains, however improbable, must be the part you forgot to service.
MaXX2
Site Admin

Return to And The Survey Said....