SP Engineering Exhausts

Products and Services... Just bought a new accessory or product for your bike? Or bought new riding kit? Do you love it, think it's great? Or do you think it's poor, a complete waste of money and wish you never bought it? Or paid for a service, been ripped off and the job was not up to spec? Either way, share your experiences and write ups here! Feel free to name and shame if you so wish!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

SP Engineering Exhausts

Postby AndyC » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:45 pm

Just thought I'd give a quick shout out to SP Engineering in Frome, Somerset. I've just bought a set of SP Engineering Big Bore Carbon XLS stubby exhausts for my 03 Bird. I haven't seen any other Birds with SP exhausts on and I wanted to go for something different and with the deepest sound I could find and I spent ages looking around before deciding on these. I can only say how pleased I am with the look, the quality and as for the sound, well they sound great even with the baffles in (which is how I'm running them), really deep and throaty. Road legal with the baffles in, not sure about without but I think not, as without baffles they're biblically loud the minute you even touch the throttle and would attract a lot of attention. Weight saving I would guess is about 10kg over the standard silencers (the whole package weighed 15kg including box and wrapping). Having done a quick test ride I can’t stop grinning. I found SP Engineering really helpful and pleasant guys to deal with and the pricing is competitive. I don’t know if anyone else has experience of dealing with these guys, but I would happily recommend them based on this purchase and how the cans look and sound on my bike. I dealt with Dave. Top bloke. Here’s their website in case of interest: http://www.spengineering.co.uk. Big thumbs up from me.
AndyC
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Re: SP Engineering Exhausts

Postby bluegas » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:29 pm

Well get some pictures on 'ere pronto then. :thumbsup)
bluegas
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby AndyC » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:59 pm

Here's a couple, from my mobile phone so don't really do justice:
Attachments
IMG00059-20120414-1246.jpg
IMG00058-20120414-1246.jpg
AndyC
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:06 pm

Niiice Andy...'cept for the crude strap to the hanger bracket.

Now go get a recording and post it up as a WAV file. :thumbsup)

Price reasonable? How much then? Don't be shy. What d'ya pay for the set up?

8)

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby bluegas » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:23 pm

They are smart but those straps spoil all cans, the only company that i have seen who can be bothered to put proper brackets on is Remus.

So how much then?
bluegas
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby AndyC » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:58 pm

Cheers for the nice comments guys, I'm really pleased with them. Most of the cans I've seen have these straps. Cost wise I paid £375 all in, with free delivery, which compares well. It's personal taste, but I think these cans look as good as, and sound better than, many of the other (more expensive) brands I had been considering. Sound file is a work in progress, I will revert...
AndyC
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby AndyC » Tue May 01, 2012 8:55 pm

I haven't forgotten the sound file, was going to go for a spin somewhere tonight (first rain free day in weeks) somewhere quiet so I could rev her up properly away from the neighbours, but found a fecking nail in my (otherwise perfectly good, low mileage) back tyre, so rideout and recording postponed...
AndyC
Carbon-Look Member
Carbon-Look Member

Postby BlackMagic » Wed May 02, 2012 5:37 pm

Andy you can get carbon look hangers from Scorpion, i had them on my Street Extremes think they cost about £4o a pair

Magic 8)
BlackMagic
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Return to And The Survey Said....