Shoei Neotec

Products and Services... Just bought a new accessory or product for your bike? Or bought new riding kit? Do you love it, think it's great? Or do you think it's poor, a complete waste of money and wish you never bought it? Or paid for a service, been ripped off and the job was not up to spec? Either way, share your experiences and write ups here! Feel free to name and shame if you so wish!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Shoei Neotec

Postby Poacher » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:28 am

Well having bought one as an upgrade from my Multitec thought I might say few words about it having done few hundred miles with it.............

Quietness, Thought it was meant to be quieter? In my opinion it is not, if I popped my head below the fairing turbulence maybe.....

Ventilation, wow this is good in the hot weather you can certainly feel the air flowing over your bonce with all vents open

Operation, yes very functional and easy to use, apart from one issue and that is the first notch on visor, I used to run the multitec on first notch to allow airflow in, gap was about 10mm, on the neotec the first notch is about 20mm and the airflow blows you eyes out lol. Removing visor is a bit of a pain, well not really removing it but puttin it back on. There is a cam that should go over a running lug which I have struggled with, even after about 5 attempts lol

Drop down inner visor, was very skeptical about this having got an iridium for the multitec which i swear by. Its operation is very easy and I am now a convert to this type of visor. If its good enough for fighter pilots its good enough for xx pilots :thumbsup)

Would I have paid the full retail price for it? NO!

But getting it 20% cheaper from Hein Gericke I am pleased with it.

Thats all for now .............

Forgot :banghead)

Apart from the whole interior comes out for washing which the multitec does not and it is soooooo easy to do, also make installing headset a doddle.........
'The Poacher'
Poacher
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Re: Shoei Neotec

Postby T.Murphy aka Tim » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:01 pm

How much for replacement visor/ drop down visor Poacher?

Just cost me £35 for a replacement for the Multitec. jawdropping

Its all shite
T.Murphy aka Tim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby MaXX2 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:01 am

Good write-up is that Ray :thumbsup) Just found a Multitec for £299 and after reading your stuff, that's where me bunce will be going. Cheers pal :clap: :clap:
Eliminate the impossible. Whatever remains, however improbable, must be the part you forgot to service.
MaXX2
Site Admin

Postby Poacher » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:46 pm

MaXX2 wrote:Good write-up is that Ray :thumbsup) Just found a Multitec for £299 and after reading your stuff, that's where me bunce will be going. Cheers pal :clap: :clap:

:thumbsup) no problem

By any chance you getting from Helmet city? they had best prices when I was looking and that was for a C2 (shearwater)
'The Poacher'
Poacher
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby MaXX2 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:44 pm

It is Helmet City pal. Not sure what 'Shearwater' is? but I've spent a few years using the single Anthracite colour (sooooo close to titanium you need a spectroscope to tell them apart) which usually knocks a good few quid off :thumbsup).

Bearing in mind the Neotec has been hyped silly by the bike press (who are being paid big advertising fees by Shoei if the errrrm independent reviews are promising :mrgreen: ) I just needed a properly independent write up to tell me if it was worth the extra £175. You've achieved that remit with alacrity dear fella, and it clearly isn't for me :clap: :clap: :clap:
Eliminate the impossible. Whatever remains, however improbable, must be the part you forgot to service.
MaXX2
Site Admin

Postby aj » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:44 pm

MaXX2 wrote:It is Helmet City pal. Not sure what 'Shearwater' is? but I've spent a few years using the single Anthracite colour (sooooo close to titanium you need a spectroscope to tell them apart) which usually knocks a good few quid off :thumbsup).

Bearing in mind the Neotec has been hyped silly by the bike press (who are being paid big advertising fees by Shoei if the errrrm independent reviews are promising :mrgreen: ) I just needed a properly independent write up to tell me if it was worth the extra £175. You've achieved that remit with alacrity dear fella, and it clearly isn't for me :clap: :clap: :clap:

yerbut yerbut... his heads the shape of an egg.... lol

regards
aj :oops)

remember... i know nuffin about everything so don't believe a word i say
aj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Poacher » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:30 pm

MaXX2 wrote: I just needed a properly independent write up to tell me if it was worth the extra £175.

mebe but I only paid an extra 75 squid for mine which if I was to have bought an iridium visor for the multitec = 65 squid I am only 10 squid out of pocket :wink)

.... and I do like this drop down visor :thumbsup) so......... no need to carry the spare visor for when it gets dark on :ride) :ride) :ride) :ride)

O........ gayjay ...... I have a superb shaped head that fits snuggly inside the shoei :mrgreen:
'The Poacher'
Poacher
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby aj » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:29 pm

Poacher wrote:
O........ gayjay ...... I have a superb shaped head that fits snuggly inside the shoei :mrgreen:

pooch... is the showee shaped like an egg then... lol

regards
aj :roll) :oops)

remember... i know nuffin about everything so don't believe a word i say
aj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby MaXX2 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:06 am

Poacher wrote:
MaXX2 wrote: I just needed a properly independent write up to tell me if it was worth the extra £175.

mebe but I only paid an extra 75 squid for mine which if I was to have bought an iridium visor for the multitec = 65 squid I am only 10 squid out of pocket :wink)

.... and I do like this drop down visor :thumbsup) so......... no need to carry the spare visor for when it gets dark on :ride) :ride) :ride) :ride)

Don't misunderstand pal, the price is only a part of it, because the Multitec has been pretty faultless for me up to now. I'll pay for the Neotec if it's a step forward. It was the more techie bits that convinced me. Can't get a black visor for 'em and having tried the fighter pilot bilng thing on a Schuberth (I think) some time ago, I didn't really take to it. Ok like, but the sun just got behind it and reflected into my eyes anyway. Black visor is more certain... no sun...better vision...full stop! The visor opening is noted, I use the 'first click' for ventilation as well, so it would have to be right and to be honest. As for ventilation as a whole, I've never had a beef with the M-Tec set up. Matter of fact, if I ride out with the vents open on the Multitec, when I take it off, I have two cockrel tails of hair standing up on me head, where it's been sucked up the main vents inside the lid :D Can't be much of an improvement on that. Finally (and importantly), you mentioned that it seems nosier and on its own, that would be a problem for me. Add £175 more expensive in the colour/size I want... and I'll grab a new M-Tec whilst stocks last :thumbsup)

And as I said, GOOD write up pal :mrgreen:
MaXX2
Site Admin

Return to And The Survey Said....