Fieldsheer Polytitanium Mesh Jackets

Products and Services... Just bought a new accessory or product for your bike? Or bought new riding kit? Do you love it, think it's great? Or do you think it's poor, a complete waste of money and wish you never bought it? Or paid for a service, been ripped off and the job was not up to spec? Either way, share your experiences and write ups here! Feel free to name and shame if you so wish!

Moderators: MaXX2, jack, wobbs, Jayne

Fieldsheer Polytitanium Mesh Jackets

Postby Ladybird » Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:01 am

We are going touring soon around the continent. Last year we encountered temperatures on some days up to 39 degrees and found it very difficult to ride in such heat. Your body obviously becomes extremely hot, but it affects the head too, you can't think properly and just want to stop to get out of your gear. I'm sure we've all felt like this, this year. Most leathers, particularly for the UK market have very little ventilation. So the hunt was on for a suitable alternative. I think we've found it, after speaking to Gruf at the Ridewell event who kindly put us onto the clothing range by Fieldsheer.

http://www.fieldsheer.com/products.php?display=mach2

The jackets are a superb quality - with full protection (CE standards) in built including, a full back protector, shoulders elbows, collar bone and rib protection. The jackets have two zip options, a 1/4 zip and 3/4 zip and both sides of the zips comes with the jackets so you can sew the other bit to your duds (trousers) of your choice.

I have got to say we have given them a test this weekend, and it's a real weird feeling. There is so much ventilation that it's like riding in a t-shirt, but you've got full protection a little un-nerving at first and an unfamiliar feeling.

They come with a zip out quilted liner for even more ventilation and in the pocket at the back there is a waterproof jacket, which again is of a very high quality.

Well, we'll let you know how we get on - but if this years temperatures in the UK are to continue over the coming years then I reckon we'll be seeing a lot more riders in this kinda gear.

Oh the cost - £110 to £120 depending where you buy.
Ladybird
IXXRA Founder

Postby XXAndy » Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:37 am

That looks the muts nuts and ONLY £110, that has to be a bargain.
XXAndy

Postby Hawk » Sun Feb 01, 2004 4:50 pm

Hey Ladybird, where did you purchase the Jacket again please?
The road is never long enough, and too many bastid cages.
Hawk
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

We had the same problems last year in Germany.....

Postby Rolfy Dave » Sun Feb 01, 2004 8:01 pm

Riding in temps of 30c - 34c was shall we say, more than uncomfortable... You ended up hot, sweaty, and very fatigued....

When we arrived back we "put the feelers out". Which resulted in a toss up between the above mentioned Fieldsheer, and the other available in this country. The belstaff Air Extreme..

After much deliberation, I opted for the belstaff, as it has all the same armour (Knox) as the fieldsheer, plus a full back protector as well. I have since purchased the jacket, and am able to report that it is the proverbial "Mutts nutts" :-) . Also it zips to any leather jeans with a backzip fitted. Also there is a seperate (wetproof" which you can put on under the jacket for "inclement" weather should it occur..Give the belstaff a look as it is only £90 approx for the extreme version, which makes it "extremely" good value for money...

Check them out...

Best wishes

Rolfy & Jan

ps... when the local guys saw mine... The local shops just sold out, as everyone went in to get a "Teabag jacket" !! :D
Rolfy Dave
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Steptoe » Fri May 21, 2004 11:02 pm

I am a fan of Belstaff wear, have leather jacket, trousers and gloves (now 10 years old and still fine).

I have found the quality excelent, and am looking at buying some thing a bit more high tech and am looking at both the osris and airextreme

see www.belstaff.co.uk/uk_home.html

or www.phoenixnw.co.uk

[/url]
Looking for the answer
Steptoe
Annodised Alloy Member
Annodised Alloy Member

Postby TazCBR1100XX » Fri May 21, 2004 11:03 pm

Methinks you needs to speak to Rolfy dude :thumbsup)
TazCBR1100XX

Well, we are now experts on both types...

Postby Rolfy Dave » Sat May 22, 2004 2:00 pm

I have the Belstaff air extreme, and the lovely Jan has a fieldsheer mach1 poly mesh jacket with quilted liner, and waterproof over jacket.

The fieldsheer one we got for Jan at the crap Malvern show,which was the only thing that got it above total f***kin crap level... Paid £99 for it. Bloody good value. Not as cheap as my Belstaff, but still a bargain and feels like you are not wearing armour at all... It feels just like it used to when we wore just a tee shirt n Jeans for riding (which we wouldnt now)

Also we found some gloves made of the same "tea bag" material as the jackets which also feel like not wearing any goloves, but with armour on knuckles & joints...and a Suedlike leather palm. And here's the best bit........Only a tenner... Yes, a tenner (£10 for our friends form across the pond)

We wore them home, and its was wonderful in the hot sunny weather, with the wind whistling through the jackets & gloves keeping us nice & cool... Sorry to say, there is no makers name in the gloves (sorry guys)

Best wishes, and hope ladybirds jacket is keeping her nice & cool too.

Cheers,

Rolfy
Rolfy Dave
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby BirdAddict » Sun May 23, 2004 6:21 am

WFFS Rolfy, get off the fence then and tell us who's is better, Your Belstaff or Jan's Fieldsheer ????? :wink)
stay cool 8)
Image …Ride carefully. It's not only bikes that can be recalled by their maker.
BirdAddict
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby Ladybird » Tue May 25, 2004 5:23 pm

Fieldsheer holding up well - noticed they're now doing the duds (trousers) for them this year in the UK too....must be global warming or something...so I'll have to look in the kitty to see if there's any spare dosh.
Ladybird
IXXRA Founder

Postby Hawk » Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:52 am

Bought one of these jackets for my France tour and I'm so glad I did.
Hawk
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby GEORGE DOORS » Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:22 pm

joking hawk

joking mate
Last edited by GEORGE DOORS on Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BURN RUBBER NOT YOUR SOLE
GEORGE DOORS
Magnesium Member
Magnesium Member

Postby Hawk » Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:12 am

I know, I'll get me some spares from another country!!
Hawk
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby SPF 0 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:52 am

I ordered a pair of these (one for me, one for the wife) from http://www.newenough.com/icon_timax_mes ... t_page.htm

They also come in white, blue, and black.

They were just $109 (£62) each.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."

'02 XX
SPF 0
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Postby Deano » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:50 am

nice stuff matey but they don't ship to the uk :(

Deano
On the path to "Old and Wise" you must first be "Young and Foolish"
Deano
IXXRA Founder

Postby REEFER » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:59 am

personaly i found material clothing to be worse than leathers
the material tends to cling to you and doesnt allow air flow around your body..where as the leathers with the zip open half way does
also i can very highly reccomend the EDZ summer undergarments..these strangley enough really do work :)
to the extent of other members stripping off there gear at every stop where i was happy to sit there in full gear with the lid still on too..hot but not sweating....and its down to the EDZ under clothing..try it..you will be surprised just how good a simple bit of clothing can work..and i am normaly the first to drip in the slightest bit of heat :oops)
REEFER
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to And The Survey Said....